MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/30/2012 09:06 PM

Being around people

kneesa

My roommate's [and one roommate's boyfriend] left to go to this trampoline place that was in a town a half-hour away. I didn't want to go because of a massive headache coming on. They left around 6:30 or so and just got back [10:00]. I'd been fine while they were gone, getting homework done, watching a movie but once they started piling back into the apartment my anxiety levels immediately rose. They weren't yelling or talking to each other in loud voices but just the fact that they were around me was enough to spike my anixety. I had to escape to my room in order to avoid yelling at them and now I'm on the verge of a panic attack... Any ideas why people being around me would cause me to panic? Does anyone else get this way?

05/01/2012 05:08 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16951
Group Leader

I think it's several things noise level for one and control the other.

With other people there you do not know what they might say or do.

Anything basically can set off your anxiety so it's like your anxiety is telling you hey they might say or do something that makes you nervous, So just being around people period can bring on anxiety.

I've had it both ways where people made me really nervous and then where I didn't want to be left alone either.

05/01/2012 07:59 AM
kneesa

What's your way of dealing with it when you don't want to be around people? I can't exactly live a life of solitude but I also can't have my anxiety be a problem like this.

05/01/2012 11:04 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16951
Group Leader

I would have went to my room also....but that isn't necessarily the best thing.

Maybe try to find a happy medium where you spend some time interacting and then maybe make an excuse to escape to your room.Smile

05/02/2012 09:48 AM
CrzyGrl

i try to interact for awhile, and then go to our room, go for a walk, etc. unless it's someone i don't want to see at all, then i just hide. i hate having overnight guests or entertaining, it makes me feel sick. about the only time i mind being alone is when something very disturbing has happened, like very bad news, death of a loved one, etc.

05/02/2012 09:43 PM
HasBeen76
HasBeen76  

Agree on all levels from all of you... Close you eyes, look down, and walk away... I've pissed a lot of people off from speaking my mind in just a half year. Don't go down that road of having those waves of bitterness/agitation split you in that situation.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved