MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/29/2012 09:42 PM

Why do I feel this way? Help please

VanessaJade
VanessaJade  

Someone please help me. Hi I'm Karla Vanessa, I'm 22 I'm new here

And I have severe anxiety and panic attacks. I often feel weird out of nowhere like scared but the problem is I don't know why or what from I'm scared of, I feel hot in my body like if I was sweating but I'm not I wake up several times from myheartistwisted sleep I always fear I might lose control of my actions, or might hurt someone I would never hurt myself or anyone but it's the thought that bothers me I feel crazy I know I'm not but I feel it, I also out of nowhere get left shoulder pain and upper arm and upper chest pain and my upper chest feels hot while it hurts and the shoulder/arm hurts at the same time. Could this be anxiety/panic attacks or what? It also has become harder to concentrate, please help!Sad

04/30/2012 07:54 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 17355
Group Leader

These all sound like anxiey symptoms.

Do you feel stressed? Are you at a crossroads in your life ?

What do you think might be causing it?

04/30/2012 07:57 AM
VanessaJade
VanessaJade  

Not as far as I can think but my neck and back muscles hurt too

04/30/2012 08:19 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 17355
Group Leader

Yes that is the tension.

We tense up without even realizing.

And don't stress yourself out all day trying to find a reason for your anxiety.

It has a way of sneaking up on us.

I thought i was immune to stress.

I had so much and just thought oh well I can handle it.

Yeah right.

You most likely are having anxiety/panic attacks.

Some of us are just prone to them.

What things have you tried?

Have you considered going to your doctor and trying meds?

I would try to encourage you to eliminate any stress possible but there are many stressors in life that are difficult to escape.

Try to relax your mind and body as much as possible and just noy worry about anything.

Look at people around you how they just seem to go on with life and try to do the same and stay in that living and doing world as much as possible.

Take time out for rest and relaxation and just cutting lose and having fun.

Get good sleep at night and eat a healthy diet and drink lots of water.

Get a dose of sunshine and fresh air and a multivitamin if your doctor says it's okay.

I take flinstones with iron.

I figure that is a good amount for me.

And keep venting.

Tell us how you feel and read posts and see you are not alone.

There are many other people dealing with this too.Smile

04/30/2012 08:28 AM
mandieo

thanks damselindistress, even though that wasnt for me it still spoke to me. and vanessa, im so sorry youre going through this, it can be so frightening not knowing whats wrong. but let a good dr appointment put your fears to rest and then start tackling this panic!! you can feel good again

04/30/2012 08:39 AM
VanessaJade
VanessaJade  

Ur really sweet thank you, yeah I drink only water, I don't take mess because I'm terrified to get addicted or if I get suicidal thoughts I want to be able to fix this problem but it's hard.. Especially with the pain on my shoulder/neck and upper Arm but I'm trying to relax even though is hard my family stresses me out, everytime I feel sick they want to call an ambulance

04/30/2012 08:43 AM
mandieo

well i have the opposite type of family. they never think anything is wrong with me. so i get more nervous because they dont believe me. i have those same pains too. but ive had several ekg's come out just fine. for me i finally had to resign myself to taking an ativan here and there to break the panic cycle. but that is not for everyone. just make your own choices. im still waiting to get a regular dr but i live in a big city with lots of people with no ins and few resources to go around. so for now i deal, everyday thinking that im going to have a stroke or heart attack. it sux but things could always be worse

04/30/2012 08:47 AM
VanessaJade
VanessaJade  

Thank you mandi

04/30/2012 08:53 AM
VanessaJade
VanessaJade  

It's such a horrible feeling mandi I call 911 often thinking I'm dying I can't sleep its a nightmare

04/30/2012 09:04 AM
mandieo

I go through the same thing. I have called 911 more times than I can count. I always feel like I can't breathe or like I'm gonna give myself a heart attack. The best piece of advice I can give you is to get thorough medical care. It wil put all your fears to rest. I didn't because I never have had health insurance. So my fears and hence my disorder got worse. But you can do this! It sounds like you have a supportive family which I never had either , that will help soooo much. Good luck to you. Pm me if you ever need to

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved