MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/17/2012 06:27 PM

Light headed

Mitchb22
Mitchb22  

I am so light headed all day almost everyday. Tonight is alot worse not sure what to do. Does anyone else feel like this all the time, bugs me so much thinking i might pass out while i have my two young girls with me.Dizzy

04/17/2012 06:30 PM
mamatrixie
mamatrixie  

Hi Mitchb I have the light headed disconnected feeling on a regular basis also. As a stay at home mom of twins it is scary. I have taught my kids what to do in case of an emergency and I just continue to work on my breathing and relaxing. Hang in there and maybe talk to a doctor if at all possible to see if there might be some help for you. Hugs ().

04/17/2012 07:05 PM
mandieo

Yes you two I feel the same way all the time

04/18/2012 05:56 AM
CrzyGrl

that has been one of my main anxiety symptoms for years, and i didn't know it. i thought maybe it was hormones, allergies, blood sugar, all that stuff. it would happen a lot when i was shopping. sometimes i'd go sit in my truck and wait for it to go away, or wonder if i should go to the doctor, call someone to drive me home, etc. i don't get it as much now, but when i do, it helps to know it's just stupid anxiety, instead of freaking out.

04/19/2012 05:45 AM
Rflattsfan78
Rflattsfan78  

How is your breathing? If you are taking more rapid shallow breaths it will produce that lightheaded feeling. Next time you feel lightheaded notice how your breathing is. I started doing deep breathing with my therapist and I've noticed a difference where I'm not lightheaded as much. Just correcting the "anxious breathing" can make other panic/anxiety symptoms go away. Improper breathing can produce the dizziness/whoosh/lightheaded feeling. Are you anxious when you notice the lightheadedness?

04/19/2012 06:08 AM
CrzyGrl

I do breathing exercises too. They do help, i just need to remember to do them more. They sometimes help me relax and sleep at night too.

04/19/2012 08:34 AM
maryw2201

I feel the same way almost daily and I also have kids 4 of them my doctor told me to take motion sickness pills they have helped but I wouldn't take them without talking to your doctor first . And slow breathing helps my issues is leaarning in through the nose out the mouth sounds weird I know but I always seem to notice when I feel that way I'm breathing in and out my mouth .

10/03/2012 03:42 PM
Mitchb22
Mitchb22  

Happening again 24/7. Feels like going to pass out all day. Have event monitor on for my heart and seen a cardiologist but doesnt think its my heart, going to see a NES. In a couple days maybe they can help me out. Dont want to drive or work anymore. So sick of feeling like this

10/03/2012 08:01 PM
LostInCyberspace12
LostInCyberspace12  
VIP Member

Sorry you are feeling so poorly Mitchb22. What is a NES?

10/04/2012 08:32 PM
Kelti
Kelti  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have felt light headed and dizzy and have had blurred vision and throwing up for years

at a time.. Right now it has cleared up thanks to a new drug I just started;

Seroquel. Stopped it dead in it's tracks.

Kelti.......

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved