MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/12/2009 05:15 PM

New & Just Need Some Thoughts & Opinions(page 2)

enoughurting
enoughurting  

The Klonopin really helps. I only have to take it twice a day. It works and then lets off, then works and then lets off. It's like a extended release Xanax...but be careful, I found it opened a window for depression for me. Have to remember, these benzos are sedatives (depressents) so if you are already on the low down due to the anxiety, it may make you a little lower. I ended up having to get on the lexapro too to control both for a week and I am now weening off the Klonopin because the lexapro is starting to work on the depression and anxiety. It was tough starting the lexapro and I had to take it with the Klonopin due to the fact that it made my anxiety worse for 2 days...but I'm starting to truley feel better. Hang in there, and don't be afraid to try the antidepressants...they did a wonder for me.

On another note, if you are worried about antidepressants and side effects you can try just the Konopin. It works well for many people. I have a friend whose husband takes only that for anxiety due to the fact that he cannot tolerate antidepressants and he has had alot of success.

02/12/2009 11:39 PM
Chanda
Chanda  
VIP Member

It helps for a couple- 4 hrs or so.

02/13/2009 05:25 AM
momof2rugrats
momof2rugrats  

I'm taking the Ativan and I'm supposed to take it 2 times a day. But, I only need it one time a day. If I seem to get the anxiety under control in the morning, I'm okay for the rest of the day?But, for 3 days, I have been waking up with a nervous stomach & I don't no why?I hate it, I no that. I have never been this way, and I wonder if I will ever get back to myself.

I keep thinking, it's withdrawl and not being used to being off Bipolar meds. I'm hoping that is what it is, and one day I will be okay. I have only been off of meds for a month & my aunt said that it took her most of the summer to get used to not having the meds for her Bipolar.

Amber

02/13/2009 04:45 PM
purplegirl
purplegirl  

the thing about anxiety is that it can act on its own- or be part of many other problems- like mood disorders like bipolar and depression. in those cases when the BP of deression are treated the anxiety will also get better. if you've been diagnosed bipolar have you seen a psychopharm? there's a lot more to treating bipolar ( med wise anyway) feel better.

02/14/2009 07:37 AM
momof2rugrats
momof2rugrats  

Purple - I have actually been working with a therapist and psychiatrist for a year now. I have tried many different meds, with no relief. One seemed to cause me more harm than anything. I feel worse over the past year since I decided to seek out help for my bipolar. I'm starting to 2nd guess the diagnosis. I went a couple of days ago to see about my hormone levels. With my symptoms people keep asking me about menopause. Who knows, it could be possible I only have one ovary and my levels were low 4 years ago but i normal range?If it's not that, then I may go for a 2nd opinion on the bipolar thing.

Thank you for posting,

Amber

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved