MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/03/2012 12:35 PM

anxiety

stephaniebli
stephaniebli  

I have been having very bad anxiety and panic attacks does anyone use klonopin? Does it work better then xanax?

03/03/2012 05:30 PM
Raoul
RaoulPosts: 4009
VIP Member

HI

I take klonopin. Used to take xanax. So I am quite familiar with both.

The klonopin is better for me than the xanax was.

But i do still keep it in reserve for panic attacks of a severe nature. The xanax is better for severe panic of suicidal issues. But it has to be taken when the panic hits; not in advance.

hugs

03/04/2012 04:06 AM
Rflattsfan78
Rflattsfan78  

Everyone is different with meds,, but Klonopin works better for me than Xanax. It's longer acting and less sedating for me, but it takes about an hour to kick in. I used to take Xanax, but was switched over to klonopin many years ago. It works well for me.

03/04/2012 04:29 AM
TennisP
TennisPPosts: 2439

Medicines work diff for different people. It isnt like everyone eats chocolate and feels better afterwards because everyone had the same m and m's as a quick example.

Anti anxiety and depression meds work on diff neurotransmitters and we all and diff amounts so maybe one.medicine may raise the amt of one or lower one that you need more or.less of to feel better but lets say my brain has a diff need so I may take something diff....

make sense I hope?! I dont take.anything except rescue remedy but I did make an appt to talk with a new psych to see if I may benefit from one....

I am experimenting.with food like finding and eating healthy food amd nutritional supplememts.etc..

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved