MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/14/2012 05:44 PM

Crying !!

enoughalready
enoughalreadyPosts: 1408

I am not sure why this is or if it is even anxiety, Sometimes my chest will feel full and hurt for days, then I will get upset about something and cry my eyes out and its all gone. How can crying take it all away? It really is the best medicaine but it has me wondering if it really is anxiety?

02/15/2012 02:14 AM
Catfishes24
Catfishes24  
Group Leader

I don't know why crying sometimes makes me feel better too. One of our fellow members has a signature line that says something like "we cry because we have been strong so long."

hugs

02/15/2012 08:14 PM
maryw2201

Crying helps me a lot and I have done a lot the last few days and I feel preety good for now but I have noticed when my chest starts to hurt it stops after I've had a good cry .

02/16/2012 10:50 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16978
Group Leader

For some reason one day I decided to stop crying and I didn't cry for a long time. I was tough I could take anything.

Well then I realized how foolish that was. If things really hurt why was I withholding myself from being able to express that pain in a healthy way, so I started to cry again and I cried every time I felt hurt and it was so liberating.

I do cry when my chest hurts and it does stop hurting but I had no clue that the crying is what was helping. I just cried because I was so desperate and scared and then stopped when it stopped hurting and thought wow I didn't realize the pain was going to go away so quickly. I had No clue that it was the crying that made it stop hurting.

02/17/2012 11:53 AM
Ginag
Ginag  
I'm an Advocate

I read that differnt reasons for crying makes the tears have differnt taste. Sadness tastes salty. this is because tears help remove some chemicals from our system. So hence , we feel better.

Post edited by: Ginag, at: 02/17/2012 11:53 AM

02/17/2012 07:29 PM
sassy2684
sassy2684  

Crying always makes me feel better even when in an anxiety attack!

02/17/2012 08:26 PM
enoughalready
enoughalreadyPosts: 1408

I wish I knew something else that would take this pain away, I cant stand it but dont really have anything going on right at this moment to make me cry Sad

02/17/2012 10:16 PM
AmyGirl
AmyGirl  
VIP Member

Crying to me is cleansing of the soul. Smile It always makes me feel better too.

02/18/2012 06:26 PM
Raoul
RaoulPosts: 4015
VIP Member

Well - I am a man - but sometimes a good tear or two is quite relieving.

02/19/2012 03:33 AM
2ofme
2ofme  
VIP Member

Maybe the chest pains are the onset of an 'anxiety attack' and the crying is a method of 'release'? I dunno ... just thinking out loud.

But every individual can only 'hold in', and 'hold down' so much, until it has to be released. Some individual 'release' in anger or rage, others release in excessive talking or business, yet others release by crying or in an artistic manner or expressive poetry. The point being, everyone must release sooner of later.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved