MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/22/2012 01:30 PM

GAD, Anxiety and Depression(page 2)

Jods

Im in the uk too. Where bouts in the uk are you? I looked at going private but it costed so much. Was told it was over £400.

I wrote every thing down and kept taking it to the doctor until one would listen to me. Took me 3 weeks to get a referal once one of the doctors listen.

I got my referal on monday. And i have been put on 500mg of depakote. Day 3 now and i feel amazing already. I feel normal. Well as normal as i can be. Smile and the anxiety has gone. ( only tend to get anxiety in my highs and worry in my lows)

But its took me long enough to get this referal. Just hope im on the rite meds now. Smile

02/23/2012 01:05 AM
Peace4Rach
Peace4Rach  
VIP Member

I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder where I worry about many things going in around me, from big to small things. I wake up in the morning with the thoughts and anxiety, throughout the day and night as well. On top of that I have chronic depression that peaks during change of seasons, mainly this time of year in winter months. I'm struggling pretty bad this year. Have tried a few meds in my time, Prozac, Lexapro, Pristiq, Xanax, Klonopin, etc. The antidepressants I've tried seem to work for a year or so and than not work anymore, which is where I'm feeling with the Pristiq right now. I'm going to see a new psychiatrist in 2 days. I just didn't think the one I was seeing had my best interests in mind. I felt like he just had me drugged on too much. I have insomnia, anxiety related mostly and he put me on Trazadone, an antidepressant often used for insomnia because of it's strong sedating affects. He had at one point on 200 mg of Trazadone to where I was so out of it the entire next day. I'm really at my wits end with this and just want to find some relief without being overdrugged. Thanks for listening. Rachele

02/28/2012 02:21 PM
Nika8
Nika8  
VIP Member

Sorry for the late reply!

Jods, I'm in Norwich.

Sounds good with the medication! I hope it will keep working. I'm out of the depression now. Had a wonderful few days last week where I felt extremely euphoric and excited, now I'm back to feeling 'normal'. And lots of anxiety comes with 'feeling normal'..

Yeah private psychiatrists costs too much! Some are cheaper than others though. My husband and I have a health insurance that covers certain private hospitals. So I'm to get an appointment with one of those hospitals. I'm just waiting for them to receive the referral letter from my GP before I can book my appointment.

Rachele, I get that worrying and the anxiety. The past few nights I've been unable to sleep because I keep worrying my husband will die as soon as I close my eyes. And yes, the doctors are a bit too happy about just giving drugs. I'm now on highest dose of mirtazapine and it probably won't help me much. If at all. I hope your new psychiatrist will be better than yours previous one!

2ofme; You are right I should try and tell the psychiatrist everything and ensure I get treated for the cause rather than just the symptoms.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved