MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/17/2011 02:52 AM

New drug called Vybrid

Rflattsfan78
Rflattsfan78  

Hi guys! Has anyone tried the new FDA approved drug Vybrid for anxiety?? My doc is putting me on this in a few weeks after I wean off Paxil. It's a very new drug and it's mostly used for depression and I can't find too many reviews on it for people with panic and anxiety. Just curious if anyone has tried it.

12/28/2011 04:01 PM
banaberry22
banaberry22  

I read in another post that two other members were using it, I don't remember who though

12/30/2011 01:06 PM
sadchick
sadchick  

Hi. I have been on viibryd for about six weeks. I think there are only a couple more here on it as I have started posts about it and most haven't heard of it.

I was in a bad depression and it almost immediately lifted it for the most part! I, too have anxiety and panic attacks. I was surprised when these got better too! I wasn't expecting that, but it was a very welcome surprise!

I just looked thru my journal. I haven't had a panic attack in a few weeks!!!!!! I still have some anxiety, but nothing like before!

I hope you find that it works for you! Anxiety/panic can be so awful and overwhelming!!! If you have any q's please pm me!

01/23/2012 11:07 AM
kidimi

I've been taking Vybrid for about a month. I've had chronic depression for years and took Lexapro, but I was getting tired of the side effects -- weight gain, libido reduction. Aside from the equanimity it provided, the only other "fun" part of Lexapro were the wild dreams! I find Vybrid gives me nearly the same stress reduction/mood support I had on Lexapro but without the side effects (or, unfortunately, the dreams). The starter kit goes up to 40MG and that's where I'll stay for the time being.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved