MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/07/2012 06:28 PM

Has anyone here applied for SSI or SSD for anxiety(page 8)

chan2784
chan2784Posts: 75

Got my letter earlier today, was declined again. I just feel so numb, spent the entire day just laying in my bed because I don't know how to deal with it. I can't really think of anything else to say right now, I can't even think. I just wanted to post what happened.

05/08/2012 02:49 AM
Zetsubou
Zetsubou  

Good luck!

Hope things work out!

08/29/2013 09:54 PM
NeikaInaka
NeikaInaka  

I know I jumped in this discussion kind of late, but do you have any new news? I am going through the same process right now. I am 26. I have aroraphobia, monophobia, anxiety, panic disorder, and asthma. I haven't been able to be alone for 3 years. I live in Pennsylvania, and everyone I know who has filed says you have to keep reapplying until they approve you because when they finally do approve you, all of your money gets back dated to the day you first applied/first got denied, and your first check comes in a lump sum. Don't give up.

08/30/2013 12:57 AM
Plo83
Plo83  
VIP Member

Hi there, Neika. I have Disability benefits here in Canada but I have many health issues and most of them aren't anxiety related. Have you checked out the group for SSI/SSDI on here? They may have more info. I have met Americans who have received their benefits for anxiety but I know that it can take a bit longer than a lot of other cases.

08/31/2013 11:25 AM
MelodyR

I don't know anything about making a disability claim but I do know you need to stay on your hydrochlorothiazide. It's a very inexpensive med, it is one of the meds on CVSs prescription program. There is an initial fee of about $10 to join and you can get a 3 month supply for about$12. I would talk to a pharmacist and tell them your issue and see what they say. Also go back to the free clinic and tell them you need your meds and what do they suggest you do.

Best of luck

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 8 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved