MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/28/2011 05:19 PM

Has anyone here applied for SSI or SSD for anxiety(page 6)

chan2784
chan2784Posts: 75

I finally got out of my appt at St. Francis Health and Wellness Center. I was only able to really get a evaluation done by a nurse practitioner, which I have another appt to see in 2 weeks, and I spoke briefly to a clinical social worker there which I also now have a appt to see next week. The nurse practitioner I was seeing today prescribed me 20mg of paxil to be taken daily. I really don't know alot about this medication, if anyone has any input on it, that would be great. Starting new medications for something like anxiety worries me a lot, I don't know what kind of effects it might have.

I am also a bit worried about the medical records part of this, I know its the only place I've been able to get into but, is seeing a nurse practitioner, and a clinical social worker going to help start a paper trail that my lawyer can use for my ssi appeal?

I just thought I needed to see a psychologist, or therapist, and I'm not sure if these people are the sort my lawyer needed me to see for my medical record needs for the appeal, although they seem to be, I just don't know. i'm rather rattled right now, I was in pretty much constant state of panic from 3:00 when I got there until 6:00 when I got out.

05/19/2011 10:40 AM
emmy001

I know at least three of your meds is $4.00 a script at walmart, also here is a link for low cost mental care in your state. Here in Alabama its Cheaha mental health and is based on income.

www.mhcci.org/Education-Resources/Community-Resources/

Post edited by: emmy001, at: 05/19/2011 10:44 AM

Post edited by: emmy001, at: 05/19/2011 10:58 AM

05/19/2011 03:30 PM
leandrat

It so sucks when people have to fight so hard to get the help they need I was blessed and with all five of doctors wrote notes into the social security administration they sent in all my paper work,medical records and notes saying I needed help and they all filled out my paper work that shows my functional ability in ended up getting 498 in SSDI and 661 in ssi blessed

As far as your meds I don't do well on SSRI'S I can't stand the getting "use" to it part takes about 4-6 weeks to really start working for some they are what saves there lives for others a waist of time but you never known till you try really.....

If you want to know more about side effects and such read about your meds at drugs.com but personally I suggest you NOT as people the panic can flip out reading about the what could happen , what has happened, or anything like that

Post edited by: leandrat, at: 05/19/2011 03:33 PM

05/19/2011 08:47 PM
chan2784

I'm regularly going in to St. Francis for counciling sessions once a week now, and my nurse practitioner there increased my medication from 25mg to 50mg, that being Zoloft. So far I haven't had any bad side effects with it, but I haven't noticed anything positive either.

I'm hoping the records from the counciling sessions and the nurse practitioner help with the SSI case, I have been keeping my lawyers assistant posted by calling after every appt. But I'm not really getting much information back on how the process is coming along, I don't know if they are getting my medical records together, or anything for that matter. And thats becoming increasingly stressful, but I'm trying my best to be patient and deal with things as they come along.

Especially since my clinical social worker has me trying so many different things, it all becomes a bit overwhelming sometimes.

I know there is a form that can be brought into my doctors and have them fill it out to help with the SSI case, I've heard it mentioned here, and when I first spoke to my lawyer during our initial interview, he mentioned it. But when I called and talked to his assistant she just said she'd get back to me on it. I don't have a working printer so even if I knew which it was, I couldn't print it out and bring it in myself. Another thing i'm stressing over, because I am a little paranoid about the lawyer dragging this out purposly to a trial with a administrative law judge just to get more money.

05/20/2011 02:08 PM
leandrat

Yeah I didn't trust anyone with getting my records so I went to all the doctors has them fill out my rfc and I took that with me before I left.....and then I went to hospitals got all records and mailed them in myself lol....I over whelmed them with papers, I also called everyday about cause when you fill out your ssi papers they say to contact them if you see a doctor which I do twice a week so I'm sure I drove them batshit crazy

05/28/2011 02:02 PM
chan2784

Ugh, my appeal was denied, I had been waiting to get a copy of my medical records cd from my lawyer, I didn't even think he had it yet, but I know for certain he does now if the SSA already denied my appeal...

Just got a fat envelope from my lawyer today stuffed with forms to fill out for a administrative law judge. I'm going to call and set up an appt this tuesday and... clear the air. I need a copy of my medical records cd, and I want those forms that I can bring into my doctors to help with the appeal. I was honestly expecting it to be denied again, agiven the fact that I started seeing a doctor during the appeal, but the fact that my lawyer has been basically blowing me off, really irritates me. I've been running around, getting all these medical records together, and he can't even send me said forms or the cd as he said he was going to...

And for this he wants 25% of the first SSI check. grumble grumble...

05/28/2011 06:43 PM
leandrat

Man that sucks so bad that's why i did all the door work myself from getting records to take my rfc to get it filled out and not leaving the office till I had it everything from top to bottom and was blessed from start to finish was 4 months approved on first try and got ssi a month later

05/29/2011 05:36 AM
whiterose35
whiterose35  

I applied it took over 3yrs and a lawyer to help me get it.I have severe panic anxiety attacks.And other issues.If you want to win you Must get a Lawyer they work for free if you win they get a portion of the money which is only fair,you will also get backpay from when you First applied and gut turned down.Dates are Very important.Must get a lawyer or you have no chance!

Whiterose35

05/31/2011 08:34 AM
chan2784

I just called to try an set up an appt to speak to my lawyer, and his assistant gave me a run around, and basically refused to. Saying that I need to bring in the forms they sent me, and that they don't have my medical records cd yet... How could they not have it after going through a entire stage of appeal?

I was also going to get the forms for my doctors to fill out that provide direct information about my condition, but I can't seem to speak to my lawyer at all. I'm thinking about just going down to the Social Security Administrations office and requesting the forms, and then dropping them off at the lawyers office. But I don't know what the forms are called exactly. Does anyone know which forms I should ask for?

05/31/2011 11:44 AM
LostInCyberspace12
LostInCyberspace12  
VIP Member

Some lawyers will drag it out b/c they wanna get the max. payout. After a certain point, they can't really make anymore money tho. SSA allows them 25% of the backpay with a $6,000 cap. Keep in mind that most ppl are denied at the first two levels anyway. Just make sure you have a lawyer or representative and be persistent. Most ppl who do this eventually prevail but the wait can be overwhelming. I am now waiting for a hearing before an ALJ. I am 16 months into the process. I am using Allsup. They have an excellent track record.

As far as the meds, the SSRI's have never really helped my anxiety altho they do work great for some ppl. I have tried both prozac and paxil in the past but could never tolerate either longterm. I am currently on wellbutrin and lexapro for depression and low energy and valium prn for anxiety. The benzos do work well for anxiety. The only problem with them is you do become addicted and tolerance sets in and you have to take more and more to get the same effect. I have gone thru 3 horrible benzo w/d's. Benzos are the worst drugs in all of medicine to come off IMO after you have taken them longterm.

Post edited by: LostInCyberspace12, at: 05/31/2011 11:46 AM

Post edited by: LostInCyberspace12, at: 05/31/2011 11:47 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 6 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved