MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/23/2011 12:19 PM

I don't know if I'm scared or anxious, or both

inthishorizon

I don't know what's going on. I don't know if I'm doing anything right. I'm isolating from everyone but it doesn't feel right, but I'm just too nervous to even talk. I have social anxiety and its kind of taking over. I don't know if my friend is my friend. I'm so nervous right now, I'm trembling, and I don't want to because i'm in my school's library. And no one is in the Social anxiety forum, i don't know why nobody hasn't gone there while I need help or advice or someone who is going through the same thing.

Post edited by: inthishorizon, at: 02/23/2011 12:20 PM

02/23/2011 03:28 PM
lblauser
lblauser  

Im so sorry no one was on when you needed somebody. How are you doing now? I know how it feels to be so scared. Scared of people and nervous you're doing anything right. Try to take some deep breaths. Do you take any meds for anxiety? Hang in there. I will try to help you and I'm sure others will be getting on here too. I'll be waiting to hear from you.

02/23/2011 06:03 PM
debhurts
debhurts  

you have us now, how are you doing, i am sure you are out of the library by now, i myself have bad social anxiety at times, i have to go offf by myself and breath, and take my valium, i have full blown anxiety like you had today, i regret none was on, that is quite unusual, i mussed have been on right before you , i see the time you edited your post and i was on just minutes before, it's hard , sometimes to catch everyone sorry for that, but we try hard, is there anything we can dio for you, now? pls. don't hesitate to come to the group usually one of us is here. The best advice is to go to the bathroom and breath slow, and if you have to put cold water on your face, and that will shock you back, do tou have meds to take? Meditation helps alot, learning to take a quiet time in the morning read, relax, meditate on all that is good, is a good way to start the day, i myself have been sick today sleeping on and off all day, that's how i knew what tme i was on darn, well if you need to talk more personal you can always pm me i am debi, if you get in the mood to talk i'll be up now, much love to you. images

02/24/2011 07:09 AM
Ginag
Ginag  
I'm an Advocate

Hi

Being in an anxiety flare is a lonely place. We could be surrounded by 100 people and all we want to do is get away. I am sorry you didn't make contact with anyone from the group, when you needed it. A suggestion: picture yourself as your own Mom. What would you say or do if your child was in an anxiety mode. Comfort yourself. don't ask why or demand that it stop, or shame yourself for having fear. When I was at work and start to fixate on something that was upsetting me I would say " I understand, This is serious, but I am at work now and soon I will be able to talk and we can work this out." Sounds insane but it works.Unsure

02/24/2011 10:36 PM
CrazedDreamer
CrazedDreamerPosts: 115

First of all a Big Hug.

Because I know where youve been and ive been there myself, and its yucky yucky place.

I know people probably seem scary, but really theyre probably worried about their own problems and would like a friend.

Really most people are isolated and would like to make a friend, so see who you think might be friendly and try. The worst they can say is No, and the best is you make a friend and reduce youre fear of other people.

You write youre in the scene,-thats great, you instantly have access to a large group of people with similar tastes.

Ill tell you a secret

Shhh....

Come Closer Smile

I also used to have no friends and than i found the Convention scene: Roleplaying, Science-Fiction, Fantasy and everything in between. And when I first got there it was wonderfull, I came there alone just graduated High-School no friends, and someone came up to me, and said

"Hi I want to be youre friend"

and I said to him

"But no one wants to be my friend-Im weird"

"But I want to"

And Ive been in love with conventions ever since, its the one place where Im accepted, and I now have many friends from there.

The point is this is just a hard time, but youll make it out.

And trust youre friend, Anxiety naturally makes us distrust those who want to help us because theyre honest with us so if youre friends stuck with you give youre friends some credit.Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved