MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/08/2011 11:34 PM

anxiety and how to stop it

CatV1967
CatV1967  

I'd like to friend anyone suffering like I am with debilitating anxiety. I take many meds, and go to many doctors and still there is anxiety in my life. Can anyone relate? If so please write me, CatV1967

02/09/2011 07:03 AM
tlh
tlh  

I am bipolar and also suffer from anxiety, particularly social anxiety. I can't enjoy events with people, go shopping, attend meetings or even work because of it. I would love to have a friend who perhaps may understand what I am going through.

02/09/2011 07:13 AM
stinkybinky
stinkybinky  

I have terrible anxiety. When I get an attack it can last over a day. I cant eat sleep or move. I feel scared out of my mind. Nothing ever helps!

02/09/2011 07:21 AM
CatV1967
CatV1967  

Hello, I am going through the same thing. my anxiety keeps me from a lot i would like to do but can't. you can send me a pm if you likeSmile

02/10/2011 05:05 PM
Poppy1

I am in a constant state of panic, mostly about symptoms (e.g., shortness of breath, dizziness, racing heart) and I get anxious in social situations, including grocery shopping and the like.

I've come to realize that my anxiety and panic is related to my thought life: where I "camp out" in my mind. Once I got a hold of that I really saw some improvement - and without medication!

Anxiety and panic manifest in different people for different reasons...

02/10/2011 08:00 PM
CatV1967
CatV1967  

Hello Poppy1

I have a lot of anxiety also, GAD I guess they call it. I also have panic attacks. I had one today in the car and couldn't do anything but drive and breath deeply. When I got home I was still shaking. I do have medication. How do you get a handle on your anxiety? Does it keep you from doing things you want to do? I wanted to go back to school, but 9 weeks into it got so anxious I got Geardia and quit school. Wrie me if youcan CATV1967

02/11/2011 02:12 PM
LeeLee75

I have GAD too 35/f new here. I also have Avoidance issues too. The anxiety is just so hard to deal with some days. I have this nagging feeling of not being good enough. Im trying cognitive behavioral therapy now but it's still so hard to change your thoughts. It makes u feel alone. Anyone wanna chat please im. Smile

02/11/2011 03:33 PM
CatV1967
CatV1967  

yes I want to chat. New here and don't know how to do it. can you invite me to chat then I accept. catv

02/11/2011 05:05 PM
CatV1967
CatV1967  

lets chat I just don't know how, catv

02/12/2011 10:09 AM
Ginag
Ginag  
I'm an Advocate

Hi

There are many ways to adress it but no 100% sure fire way to "stop" it. I know it is possible to put it in remission.

Who ever finds a cure will be the richest woman on earth loll.

First is to recognize the very early signs of the onset of anxiety and usually take a med ( Xanix is one) That takes the edge off. Then I do my relaxation techniques such as breathing, progressive muscle tightening, a warm bath, talk to a trusted friend. There are ways to keep it at bay. Use your search engine and type in anxiety stoping or relaxation I can't think of better words. There are many articles on the subject.

Best wishes and God BlessSmile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved