MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/17/2010 01:59 PM

desperately need help and someone to talk to

StephEmmy

I'm new to this group as I'm desperately seeking someone to talk to about my anxiety.. I've seen numerous psychologists but never commit because I'm scared and hate the meds. They make me feel false...

I hate being alone and the prospect of it makes me feel sick,what's wrong with me? It's taken over my life, I try gain control over every situation in my life with compulsions and restrictive eating.

I've had panic attacks and suicidal thoughts wen things went really bad,I think I'm better but still scared out of my mind.

I don't know what to do any more,my fiance can't take it anymore,I just want to be happy.

08/18/2010 06:25 AM
PhilPhil46
PhilPhil46  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome Steph,

So sorry to hear your having such a bad time. There are other medications out there. If the one your Dr. prescribed is not working, Tell them. Have you been taking them long enough? Sometimes they can take weeks to start working and make you feel better. Mental Health is difficult on the family. Your fiancee' is probably just overwhelmed and doesnt know how to help you or make it better. You know guys, they want to fix everything. Smile What scares you about taking the meds? Have you had a bad experience in the past with medication? Healing takes time, We didn't get sick over night, nor will we recover in a flash. But we must push ourselves to continue to do all we can to move forward toward getting well. Back to the happy place we once lived in. I'm concerned about your thoughts, if at anytime you are thinking about harming yourself, please go to the ER asap! That is the safest place to be at that point. Have you spoken to your fiancee' about your concerns, feeling and fears? We have our good days and bad days, and that is when we must believe and focus our thinking that it will get better again. What relaxation techniques to you do to help with your anxiety? There are many wonderful people here and lots of useful information. Read through the threads and diaries. You will see, you are not alone. We are here for you. If you ever need me, pm me I will respond or if you want to chat, let me know I'll join you if I can. Hoping today will be a better day for you. Don't give up on yourself or this disease.

Love and Hugzs

08/18/2010 08:09 AM
leandrat

I agree with Phil there are other things out there that you may find that help you along your way. I personally ( I AM NOT A DOCTOR THIS IS A PERSONAL THOUGHT HERE!) I hate meds. not because they cant help you along your way they can by all means if you need them to get started thats JUST FINE (with me) I started meds. cause I had reached my rope and I was going over the saftey to myself edge so I started taking them.

I am happy to report that I am off of EVERYTHING but my benzo and I am coming off that as well just in no big hurry taking my time and doing it a pace that feels good to me.

But I have learned along my way that with all the help from doctors, people,support groups, pills, criopractors, and others that pills are not the ONLY things you have to do they can be used as a tool to HELP you along your path and by NO MEANS do they have to stay on that path for any longer than you need them too...

I myself like I said am off of everything but one pill and I am half way done with that I have turned more INTO myself to heal then turning out to everyone and everything else to heal me..

1.I do yoga in the AM

2.30min. cardio in the evening even when I dont feel like it!

3. I do five things for ME everyday from eatting something I really like

4. I do meditations three times a day now some 10mins the other two 20-30mins

5. I also use oils (burning to relive stress)

6. Take a vitamin (always check with your dr. first or pharmancy)

7. I do a ciropractor and accupuntcture (which are new and shockingly AMAZING LOL)

and a few other things but above all I make time for me, meditation,eat right,exercise even when I dont want to , talk to people around me, not lay around all day, make a list of things I want to get done the next day and my CBT sheet..

But thats enough for now as you hang out with our family you will see I am the Nature Lover lol and I also talk alot...But sorry if I over loaded you lol welcome welcome post away and feel free to jump in anywhere!@

Lee

08/18/2010 02:57 PM
Ginag
Ginag  
I'm an Advocate

Hi

You are not alone. What you described is a common senerio for many of us. We go through life being taught that we are responcible for being strong, facing our challenges and overcomming them, being the victerous.

The reality is that there are situations in life that cause us to be challenged beyond what we can comprehend.

Also we are not always in control of our thoughts. We don't always create them. Our minds get information, anaylse and send us a message. When we have anxiety/ depression/fear...we have been sent distored or incorrect information from our brain. It is so real that it's hard not to believe what we are thinking.

I don't think there is anyone who wouldn't give their eye teeth to be med free. Would you expect someone with seizures or diabetis to stay med free? There is an auful stigma on taking psych. meds. Thats so "old school"

Keep posting and reading the site. You will get good information on how to handle this. God Bless you with the'Peace above all understanding'Smile

08/18/2010 04:58 PM
Wolfpack
Wolfpack  

Steph,

Welcome to the group!

Nothing is WRONG with you! You have bad anxiety like the rest of us. I have never found a therapist that I can trust either.

Your fiancee needs to learn about your anxiety. Maybe he could read some posts on this forum - old ones and the new ones too. He can see what other people go through also. You are not alone by any means.

Sorry I don't have better or more advice, but just hang in there. The answers will come to you. It may help to take some anxiety meds. If you don't want to take drugs, try some Passion Flower capsules every 4 hours and some protein powder (a tsp. in a glass of water) at the same time.) These helped me tremendously.

Hang in there.

Cindy

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved