MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/16/2010 11:00 AM

Having a Huge Setback

CatLuver

Hello All...

I have big time anxiety issues. I'm taking meds for it but it still hasn't helped.

Somedays are liveable and then most days of recent have been horrible.

I can never sleep because I have panic attacks about everything under the sun.

I've tried turning to friends but no one wants to hear it. I'm told over and over again, get more meds.

I want to learn to control this. Life really stinks right now. I really need to hear from those who truly understand and won't tell me to shut up.

Thanks for listening!

CatLuver

06/16/2010 06:23 PM
Ginag
Ginag  
I'm an Advocate

Hi

I know what your saying. I hate popping a pill and I try differnt approaches like meditation etcetera. When I have a flare up I can sleep either. Just keep posting and you'll find people who have found ways to overcome. Med's are usually needed but you can do other things too.

06/16/2010 07:20 PM
CatLuver

Thanks Ginag. I appreciate your post. Have you found meditation to work for you?

06/17/2010 03:13 AM
bindiboo
bindiboo  
I'm an Advocate

Hi.....Sometimes friends can be a hinderance rather than help....If ppl don't suffer themselves they don't understand.....but don't blame them cause they just don't understand......I just don't bother burdening my friends anymore...I just let it out all on here where ppl understand.......But it does get better.....Smile

06/17/2010 01:50 PM
leandrat

HI and welcome I am not on this part of the site alot I speand most of my time in the panic post land lol but welcome here as well, I understand the panic everyday for everything under the sun you think about what your life WAS like and freak out your heart beats loud YOU freak out everything every thought makes you panic

1. Do you have a Dr. I am guessing YES cause you are on meds. you need to tell them whatever you are on IS NOT working and you need somthing else

2. we cant give you medical advice on what meds worked for us cause what works for us may not work or even be good or right for you ---now with that said I take xanax this does not mean that this will or should be taken in your case you need to talk to your dr. I take them every day all day long and they made me sleepy and mad at everyone so I am on a taper down to be able to only take them when I have a bad attack that I cant control using proper breathing,yoga,meditation ect....

3. Proper breathing is KEY to our illness and that means breathing with your belly not your chest put on hand on your belly one hand on your chest while laying down now breath in which hand moved??? should have been the one on your belly and dont just push your belly out lol really breath in slow and let your belly raise with the breath..... your in breath should be slow and out breath should be slower than your in breath ---- the reason for this is because when you breath in your heart rate goes up when you breath out it slows down so IE- then when you breath slowly your out breath should be longer to help slow the heart and decress your dizzyness by letting your O2 levels level out

I am here if you need to talk about anything

Leandra

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved