MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/23/2010 03:23 PM

anyone help: how fast does KLONOPIN work??????????

jbgjr82

I have severe anxiety disorder and i am supposed to take 2mg of klonopin for panic attacks. i am having a really really bad one right now! i took 2mg abt 20 min ago. how long till this panic attack stops!??!?!?!

thank you in advance for anyones help or input.

Sad Sad Sad

03/23/2010 03:51 PM
Ginag
Ginag  
I'm an Advocate

as i understan klonipin is slow acting but last longer. Xanax is faster acting one

03/25/2010 02:36 PM
fearsuncoiled
fearsuncoiled  

klonipin takes a while to work,but it has truly helped me alot. But in order to prevent aniexty you should take it every night. Klonipin is one of the only meds that i've taken that actually helps...alot.

but everybodys diferent://

i hope it works for you.

12/30/2010 10:16 AM
kaylav1024

For me, I only take klonopin when I'm feeling an anxiety attack or stress coming on. My doctor told me if I dissolve it on my tongue, it hits you faster. For me, it takes about 30 minutes when taken that way.

12/30/2010 07:08 PM
Rflattsfan78
Rflattsfan78  

I take Klonopin as needed, and it starts to work in about 30 minutes-1 hour for me. It is longer acting though once it does kick in, as opposed to other benzodiazepines. Its a true lifesaver for me too!

12/30/2010 09:29 PM
debhurts
debhurts  

you are doing fine the long acting is taking as long as it should to kick in don't forget your breathing, slowly in and out when i gat bad i tale off my socks and atand barefoot on the floor a hard one , stand there breathing slowley that is called grounding yourself to keep you in reality that you are allright and will be fine, if you can manage to take a hot bobble bath with candles that what i force my self to do during severe panick attacks the soothing hot water will ralax you quicker and help your body to relax, go ahead and by the time you are finished the pills will have kicked in fully also hot water expands your veins and makes the pill work quicker, so try these methods and you wont feel victimized by panick, i will pray for you, and know we are all here for you , and if you ever have a problem you can go to a Group Leader for help, they are always there to help!, i hope one of these tricks helps you try at least one, much love and peace to you keep us posted, ok? get well quick.

12/31/2010 11:52 AM
goodelld

... Debhurts, I just had to tell you what a nice relpy that was to JBGJR82. We all know what she is going through. Kind words are often VERY helpful.

Take care, your MDJ friend.

01/02/2011 12:45 PM
AliKatt
AliKatt  

Wow great advice Debi!! I would have never thought about taking a hot bath! I'll have to remember that one!

Jbgjr82 I hope you are doing better now!

01/02/2011 11:07 PM
debhurts
debhurts  

Hi everyone, i do have a thing i do when my anxiety is through the roof, i am pretty homebound so it is easy for me to do, i take hot bubble baths, i take my valium and get in the hot bath, it opens the capilaries of the veins your blood flows faster so your med works quicker, i swear by this, seconedly if i am too bad i take my socks off and put my bear feet on the floor really tou should stand on grass or in my case dirt and feel the floor or ground underneath you it snaps you out of a serious panick attack, it is called grounding.and it relly does work on those worse anxiety attacks. then of course once you get settled back down talk therepy that's why this group is so special. i have some anxiety right now but not terrible i need to take my meds, but i needed to share more i really hope that, what i shared can help someone, much Love Debi h4 061cd203e9555e93b9bf51d66feb1506

01/04/2011 03:14 PM
Cthebird
Cthebird  
VIP Member

I have to admit that the only thing Klonopin does for me is make me tired. I take Ativan when I get real anxiety coming on. It is faster acting and more effective for me. But as you've read some people like Klonopin.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved