MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/13/2009 10:24 AM

Falling down the stairs

aly1

I thought I was feeling better. I've been on imuran and plaquenil for 2 1/2 weeks and the past three days I haven't had to take a nap (which I've had to since july 2009 when my last flair up got bad) I have had to rest though. Anyway, yesterday, my neurological symptoms were bad. I dropped things all day, had tremors, muscle twitching. Finally I was walking down my parents stairs to go cook dinner for them and fell down their stairs. I don't know what happened, but I just get really uncoordinated. I tried to catch myself, but quickly found out that I couldn't. I was holding my 16 month old girl who had just gotten her cast off earlier in the day. I tried to hold her up so she wouldn't get hurt. My right leg folded underneath me and I sprained my left ankle (which is my bad ankle). My right foot was tingly for hours and I have some generalized bruises. Well this AM my right calf has been very achy and my right ankle is also sore. I'm a little worried that whatever happened, I could be developing a DVT in my right calf. It hasn't gotten worse, so maybe it's just sore, but it doesn't feel like a bruise. I don't know.

It's not swollen or red yet, so I guess I'll just watch it for now.

Aly

11/13/2009 12:23 PM
Rolf

Post edited by: Rolf, at: 07/31/2010 05:14 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved