MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/25/2009 09:08 PM

I am new

angels333

Hi I am in my late 20's and i have Anorexia. i have had it sents 2006. I am really struggling right now. My boyfriend and i broke up. and a friend passed away. and i just don't want to eat nothing sounds good. the real bad thing is ppl ask me what i have been eating. i sometimes eat one time a day.

10/26/2009 03:44 PM
recovered26
recovered26  

It sounds like you've been through a lot recently. I'm sorry to hear about it all.

I think people ask what you're eating because they're worried about you and don't know how to help. I always hated when people would ask me what I was eating.

I really hope you find the support you need in this group. *hugs*

10/27/2009 05:38 PM
LauraHippieBus
LauraHippieBus  

Hi, I know what you mean too, a lot of my friends now now about my anorexia and so does my family becasue i was in the hospital, anyways, they are always watching me and making me tell them exactly what I ate, its really fustarating because they dont see my effort or my struggle. for example, the other day I was about to eat my lunch but my sandwich got soggy and i already didnt want to eat so I threw it out, but i did eat that morning, anyways My friends freeked out. I feel sufficated, i cant stand it. I hope it will get easier for you. Smile good luck

10/29/2009 09:39 AM
angels333

question ;

why do ppl want us to eat but only to tell us we can't eat something?

Like my weakness is nutty bars and popcorn. i honestly can not live with out my nutty bars.

10/30/2009 01:18 AM
recovered26
recovered26  

Wow, who's telling you that? That isn't right.

Of course you can treat yourself to a nutty bar or popcorn sometimes - there isn't a THING wrong with that!! Indulging yourself sometimes is completely healthy.

10/30/2009 12:20 PM
angels333

my ex boyfriends brother is telling me that. to be honest i eat nutty bars everyday when i am doing good.

Post edited by: angels333, at: 11/01/2009 07:45 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved