MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/02/2009 07:58 AM

New kid

ktyb

I have always shied away from support groups... Now I really need every bit of encouragement I can get. My name is Katy. I am an ex-fireman, ex-athlete because of this disease, in other words it has changed my life. I always toughed out the pain but now it's not pain it's agony.

I have so many questions from other fellow sufferers of AS. DO YOU

1. have months of mornings where you wake up in agony and feel like screaming from every muscle and fiber in your back in pain.

2. I can't stand for long I can't sit for long I can walk more comfortably then the others, and laying down hacan sometimes help.

3. Does anyone out there have a doctor that says that exersize is the key, and "just work out more" because I want to slap him when he says that!

Thanks for reading

THE PHOTO WAS TAKEN IN 2000 I WAS DIAGNOSED IN 2002

05/12/2009 10:50 AM
Byrns
Byrns  

DEAR NEW KID,

I KNOW OW YOU FEEL ABOUT SHYING AWAY FROM GROUPS, BUT THAT IS WHERE YOUR SUPORT REALY IS, WHERE YOU FIND PEOLPE WHO SHARE WITH YOU THEIR STORIES, SUPORT, ADVISE, AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO VENT.

THIS IS TO EVERYONE ELSE TOO, PLEASE I KNOW ALOT OF YOU, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE DRIFTED AWAY, COME BACK AND LETS GET THIS GROUP A GROUP AGAIN. I KNOW FOR MYSELF AS A HOMEBOUND PERSON, THERE'S NOT ALOT I CAN DO, AND SITTING AT THE COMPUTOR IS AGONIZING FOR TOO LONG. BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE HERE LONG. TAKE YOUR BREAKS.

THERE ARE LOTS OF GRUOPS ON MDJUNCTION. I DON'T KNOW WHERE I'D BE WITHOUT THE MANY POSSIBLE GROUPS, THAT CAN HELP SO MANY. SO IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW NEEDS A SAFE PLACE TO GO, WHERE PEOPLE ARE UNDERSTANDING, KIND, COMPASIONATE, AND SUPORTIVE. TO ALL WHO SUFFER WITH THIS DESEASE, AND OTHER ISSUES, BLESS YOU, I HOPE TO SEE YOU, AND GET TO KNOW YOU ALL. BLESS YOU, AND HUGS TO ALL, BYRNS

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved