MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/23/2009 11:40 AM

Hi Newbie here!

achybones12

Hi,im new to the group,just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Glen,i have had Anklozing Spondolitis for over 25 years,,im 53 years of age,and i am still very active,playing drums,,yea,,,,i play drums for a few rock/country bands here in Nova Scotia Canada.I have my "stiff and sore" days,,,a lot of them,and my neck is now fusing,and is causing me terrible pain.I sometimes have to get "nerve blockers" injected in my neck.My back has been fused by this diease several years ago..i am "bent forward" slightly.I take Prednisone for years,10 mg a day.

The AS is now,in my ribcage and is affecting my lung capaciry to breathe.I am on inhalers,which help a bit,but not much.I have to watch my weight,for if i gain,,then my rib cage wont expand.

Well you all know the rest...

Anyway..Glad to be here,hope to make a few friends?

Glen.

Smile W00t

Post edited by: achybones12, at: 06/23/2009 11:43 AM

06/23/2009 08:59 PM
achybones12

Hi all

I received NO responces,,on my desiese,,,,,,,,,,So i wont post further,,

Good luck with all your pains,,i do care,,regards,

Glen Smile

06/23/2009 09:01 PM
achybones12

Ill delete my member ship to thes group...i feel that you dont need anyone to talk to.

Thanks again..Glen Smile

06/24/2009 08:35 AM
Byrns
Byrns  

DEAR GLEN,

I'M SORRY I HADN'T RESPONDID YESTERDAY, WHEN YOU POSTED 3 X'S. I'M USUALY ON IN THE EARLY am, THEN OFF AND ON THROUGH OUT THE DAY.

MEMBERS DON'T COME HERE EVERY DAY, SO IT MIGHT TAKE A FEW DAYS SOMETIMES. THEY DON'T MEAN TO IGNOR ANYONE, BUT THEY MIGHT HURT SO BAD THEY DON'T WANT TO MAKE IT WORSE.

I'M SORRYFOR YOUR PAIN, AND READING ALL 3 POST'S, I REALY THINK YOU SHOULD MABE PUSH FOR SOME ACTION, IF YOU DR. ISN'T ALREADY, BECAUSE FROM WHAT YOU DESCRIBE SOUND USUAL, BUT REMEMBER I'M NOT A DR.

MY SON PLAYS THE DRUMS AND HAS FOR 16 YRS. HE COMPLAIN'S YET IT DOES'NT STOP HIM, THAT HIS RIBS AND BACK HURT. THOUGH I'VE NOTICED W/HIM HIS POSSTIOR IS AD, BUT HE'S ALMOST 21 SOHE'S A YOUNG MAN NOW, AND HE HATES TO SEE ME THE WAY I'VE BECAME.

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE THE GROUP WE'VE JUST STARTED A NEW CHAPTER. MY NAME IS CONNIE, I AM THE LEADER, BUT IF I HAVE TO GO FOR SUGERY, LIKE IN AUGUST. I WILL TELL YOU AHEAD OF TIME OK ASAP. LOTS OF HUGS, CONNIE B. AKA, NORMA JEAN. THANKS FOR SPEAKING UP. IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE OR NOT. LOTS OF HUGS TO YOU ALWAYS, CONNIE B. I KNEW SOMETHING WASN'T RIGHT, I'M SO, SORRY, CONNIE. B.

Post edited by: Byrns, at: 06/24/2009 09:05 AM

06/24/2009 10:38 AM
achybones12

Hi Connie!

Sorry for the post.I just thought that there wasnt anyone here.lol..sorry

Your son plays drums also?..He has AS also? Do you have it too?

I live in Nova Scotia Canada...and it is very damp this past few weeks.Its acting up my arthritis.

What are you going for surgery for,,if you dont mind me asking?

Ill write back again,later..ok?

Thank you for answering my post.

GlenSmile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved