11/21/2007 02:54 AM

Welcome to the Angina Support Group

roy
roy  
Admin
I'm an Advocate

Hello,

Welcome to the Angina Support Group.

This Support Group is a comfort place for family members and friends to share and ask questions regarding Angina.

Feel free to introduce yourself, ask your questions and be around people who are in your spot.

We'll be happy to hear your thoughts on how to make this Angina Support Group better.

Best,

roy

08/20/2008 06:42 PM
JDUCK

hi angina support group. my name is june duck I suffer with angina everyday. the only time I am pain free is while sleeping I wear oxygen every day to help reduce the pain so that I can function day to day. I have a auto immune disease resulting in endothelial cell dysfunction and micro vascular disease effecting many of my organs. I have been diagnosed with microvascular angina , a condition the seems to have its greatest impact on women Traditional testing for heart disease will not pick this up. I spent many months in the hospital and numerous visits in the emergency room only to be told my heart was fine. my doctors did every test the knew of to try to uncover the source of my pain. I knew that my pain was coming from my heart and it did not make since to me that he doctors could not find any thing wrong. I was sent to major top notch hospitals and the were unable to tell me what was wrong. one doctor accused me of faking. at this point I was ready to commit my self for severe depression for had no hope that anyone could help me. finally one day my internist was listening to national public radio and heard the story of a woman that sounded just like me. we called her doctor i flew out to california and was diagnosed with endothelial cell dysfunction resulting in decrease blood flow to my entire heart causing severe. angina. although the disease has been challenging i am so grateful that there is an explanation for my symptoms.. There are only a few doctors tn the country studying and treating this disease. Many doctors have not heard of it and are unaware how to diagnose it. I hope my story can help someone else suffering from unexplained chest pain

08/20/2008 06:44 PM
JDUCK

I am a terrible typist. Please forgive my typo's

11/16/2008 08:03 PM
Celest
Celest  

Dear JDuck,

I have unexplained chest pain and they have just labeled me as having chronic chest pain. Smile Sound familiar?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved