MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/06/2012 06:25 AM

A DEFFINATION OF THE WORD "EGO"(page 2)

damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16978
VIP Member

Thanks Iken.

I did some reading yesterday that really intrigued me relating to ego and anxiety as I stated.

I'm going to try to do more and see if it helps me come to any understanding of what is going on.

I think it may help me find a path to peace.

05/06/2012 09:50 AM
jstsIm
jstsIm  
Group Leader

I have to be honest, I read most of what I posted yesterday, but all of you know, I have memory issues and cannot remember all of the content...

What and why I posted, I think, applies regardless of our religious or spiritual beliefs. They are "truths"! Pricniples and techniques we can apply to our needs as we are able to understand and accept...

These are also found in the teachings of C.J. Jung, Nicherin Budism, The Bible, and the Quaran...Truth is thruth sand our hearts and spirits recognize thruth when we hear it!

Maybe we won't "get it" the first time we read it or try the principles these deffinitions imply, but with repitition, practice, patients, and faith, over time we will learn!

HUGZ, Reba

05/06/2012 10:00 AM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

it is all part of us, the mind is the last frontier, enjoy it to do not fear, so much reading jung , starting to sound like him, wonder how he began. he must of wondered why?

05/06/2012 01:19 PM
damselndistress
VIP Member

I hope I am not reaching to far to think that coming to an understanding in this will bring peace.

Anxiety and ego go hand in hand.

It said the solution was to either focus on the lowliness of man or the vastness of our creator.

It said for anxiety sufferers to focus on the lowliness of man only worsens our anxiety so we are to focus on the wonderous creator,

Interesting things have happened to me these past few years.

And I know others here can relate.

I have lost a lot.

Things that made me feel good about myself or gave me a false sense of identity.

Maybe there is a reason for that.

Maybe becoming humble and humility basically bring us into harmony.

It does not feel this way at the time but thinking of is as a blessing instead of a curse chnages my whole perspective.

The last item that was lost I cannot find anywhere searching high and low my 1/2 carat each diamond earrings.

This I feel horribly guilty over how could I be so careless?

I took them out because they suddenly didn't feel good in my ears.

I sat and rolled them between my fingers not having a place to put them.

Found a spot stashed them looked and no earrings.

I have lost several other expensive jewelry pieces that obviously are not my priority now.

It makes me sad to waste and to be irresponsible but is there value in the lesson.

Do I need to shed these things so I can find me?

It's what elderly do in the nursing home they start taking it off.

It does not feel good on their skin anymore and they no longer see value in it either.

So I am wondering what this opportunity brings me now instead of grieving-how closer I may actually be able to get to the real me without these items of adornment.

Post edited by: damselndistress, at: 05/06/2012 01:22 PM

05/06/2012 01:32 PM
damselndistress
VIP Member

Another thing i should add is I do not think I am forgotten.

I believe there is purpose.

My feet were cold one day would have been right after I lost earrings but didn't know it.

I decided to find socks went to the dryer that was running.

Most likely full of my things because I remember presuming I'd find then there.

I open the door just a bit and guess what fell out for me-out of a full load of laundry.

Two matching warm little fuzzy socks.

I smiled and laughed as I do when these things happen as reminders and thought how perfect.

So universe God creator says-warm your feet, toss your gems and put your focus on the real value in your life.

It seems bizarre that tossing gems could bring a person closer to anything.

But I am seeking a path out of sickness into health and into light that becomes spirit.

I guess there is no place for them there.

05/06/2012 04:24 PM
jstsIm
jstsIm  
Group Leader

I really believe, that as we seek, find and apply ways to heal our spiritual selves, the physical self heals too.

05/07/2012 08:20 AM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

as things happen , or they just markers of the path we walk, karma is dealing with the next life, what will i become. if i am in this life, in the body that i am just borrowing, i need to keep it in the shape to function. i will feed it with good.

the enlightened understand that a diamond is a stone until endowed with value by the human mind.

and that things are as big or as small as your mind chooses to make them. Cool

Post edited by: lken, at: 05/07/2012 08:43 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved