MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/09/2012 06:03 PM

COMMUNICATION PROBLEMS

jstsIm
jstsIm  
Group Leader

I've been holding back some things. Personal and embarrasing too. About 2 weeks ago, I had an appt with my therapist. Apparently, I got up , and left for the appt, but didn't make there. I woke up in the ER. I have no memory of what happened to me, if I was assaulted or if I may have had a siezier. By the next day, both of my eyes were swollen shut and I am still bruised from forehead to chin. Most of the right side of my body is bruised as well. I'm sore and stiff, but the worst part is, the agoraphobia is back, full force too. Communication, even writing here is very hard, it's taken me a couple of days to post anything at all, but I feel I owe it to all of you to let you know why I haven't been online. I have a pretty nasty concussion, I went to a follow up appt with my Primary Care MD who is sending me to a nuerologist. He thinks there might be something medical going on. I did have a CAT scan in the ER and that showed nothing abnormal.

I seem to be healing up wellso don't worry if I'm gone a few days. I'm exhausted and am just going to try to spend the next few days in bed.

HUGZ,

Reba

04/10/2012 04:16 AM
sifted
sifted  

Look up, not down my friend.

If you are exausted then take time to rest up, lots of sleep.

love ya jI, you be strong!

04/10/2012 01:56 PM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16955
VIP Member

I'm sorry Reba.

Take your time and hopefully feel better.

No reason to feel pressure here.

04/10/2012 03:03 PM
riz

Hi Jstsim,

I don't think I have spoken to you before. I am new here I hope you don't mind me posting.

I just wanted to say that it sounds like you have been through quite a lot and I am really sorry and pls pls take care of yourself.

kind regards riz

04/10/2012 05:40 PM
jstsIm
jstsIm  
Group Leader

I have not felt well since this "accident". But I have made an appt with a nuerologist on Thursday. I'm hoping he can find a cause. This is not the first time this has happened, there was another "blackout" last November.

I have a brain injury caused several years ago from chenmo therapy for breast cancer. It is generally called Organic Brain Syndrome. It is very much like early onset Alheizmiers. Memories fade, fears become terrors, you seem to loose who you are, and it is progressive. I'm hoping really, that there is some other cause. My socialworker had sugjested an assisted living arrangement a few months back, but I want to stay a independant as I can for as long as I can.

Thank all of you for your kind words and support! I thik that helps more than anything!

HUGZ,

Reba

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved