MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/24/2012 03:02 PM

New

roguewolf76
roguewolf76  

So I have been anemic for years. I have tried using the doctors advice with iron pills but all they did was give me a uti. Which was really annoying. My mom says to eat more meat and such the only thing is I have this thing dont know what it is but everytime I eat I get this chocking feeling and it hurts really bad, in the end I either puke it up or it goes down. The longest this choking feeling has lasted is a day. Not sure how to explain it. Im not good at that. It doesnt even have to be solid foods even soup can do this to me.

03/27/2012 07:01 PM
cyberscryber
cyberscryber  
Group Leader

Hi roguewolf76, and welcome.

I have never heard of iron pills giving anyone a uti, I really think that must have been a coincidence. Something I can tell you about iron pills though, is that it will take up to six weeks of taking them every day before you will start to feel a difference. The reason for that is because it takes your body three to six weeks to make a red blood cell from the day that the iron to make the red blood cell is put in your body. It is a long process with lots of steps.

As for your choking, sometimes being anemic can cause an esophageal web to form which makes swallowing difficult. However, your choking could be from something totally different. I think you should definitely go and see your doctor again about all of this.

Post edited by: cyberscryber, at: 03/27/2012 07:03 PM

03/28/2012 02:41 PM
roguewolf76
roguewolf76  

Im hoping it was a coincidence lol I hate those. Yeah im trying to save some money to go to the doctor, my dad just actually told me that it may be with my thyroid because the same thing happened with him with the whole choking thing.

03/31/2012 12:50 PM
cyberscryber
cyberscryber  
Group Leader

He's right. Thyroid problems can definitely cause that, I had a couple aunts with thyroid issues. Is there a free clinic anywhere in your area? I know it's a pain to go to, but usually the care you get there beats waiting.

04/01/2012 05:41 PM
roguewolf76
roguewolf76  

The place I get my birth control is free, i'll try there, I actually need to go back anyways lol.

04/10/2012 07:34 PM
Cbelle
Cbelle  
VIP Member

Welcome to the group - sounds like all of these might be just concurrent and not having to do with any of the other. So sorry to hear of your discomfort! Keep doing research and making healthy choices - so easy to backslide when one issue compounds another. Keep moving forward!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved