MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/22/2013 09:34 AM

prohemia

anemiagirl
anemiagirl  

has anyone ever tried this medicine prohemia for their anemia im willing to try anything to feel better but i would like anyones opinion if yall have ever tried it its 39.95 a bottle just google prohemia my boyfriend is one that found it hes trying everything to make me better i told him it was too much he said he would pay any price as long as it makes me better

03/24/2013 02:21 PM
cyberscryber
cyberscryber  
Group Leader

Personally, I wouldn't mess with it because there is not enough iron in it to make any difference in your iron status, and the other vitamins/minerals you can/should be getting by the foods you eat. As for the herbs, probably harmless, but you should check with your doctor and/or pharmacist to see if there are any potential interactions with any of your other meds. Purity is another issue--see www.consumerlab.com for information on contaminants found in supplements.

I'm not anti-herbal, I just like to make sure that what I take I either make myself from herbs/spices that come from very reliable sources or preferrably use what I pick on my own land or grow myself. I'm also very careful about checking for any known interactions with my other meds and any possibility that the herbs have questionable side effects. Some herbs, just like drugs, are known to cause liver or kidney damage. Please check with your doctor before starting Prohemia or any other supplement.

All my best, take care.

03/24/2013 05:20 PM
Cbelle
Cbelle  
VIP Member

Deleted post regarding this medication. Warning: No advertising or promotion of particular drugs outside of personal experience will not be tolerated on this forum.

03/24/2013 05:26 PM
anemiagirl
anemiagirl  

ok im sorry i just asked bout it i went to cousins bday party today i went for walk with them now im weak again something has to give when will it get better

03/24/2013 05:29 PM
anemiagirl
anemiagirl  

ok thanks girl i knew if i could trust anyone it would be you how you been i was good today i got out went to bday party now im weak again

04/01/2013 02:24 PM
cyberscryber
cyberscryber  
Group Leader

I know, it's frustrating! I'm right there with you. We just got insurance, but it won't cover pre-existing conditions for 9 months. I keep taking the iron pills and the Lysteda to control my bleeding (somewhat) but not making much progress because a body can only produce a finite number of blood cells per second, even if the raw materials (iron etc.) are there.

Hang in there, keep taking your iron and whatever else the doctors have you on, and keep researching like you are. Most importantly, advocate for yourself. If you think the doctors are missing something or can be doing a better job at helping you, speak up.

Be proactive and be well! Smile

04/01/2013 02:30 PM
anemiagirl
anemiagirl  

yes its frustrating it gets old i had the hysterectomy done partial in nov they took out my uterus i had cancer said it would also help my anemia but it hasnt i research everything im taking my iron pills twice a day ok i will thanks girl happy late easter dang girl take care of yourself

04/01/2013 02:32 PM
cyberscryber
cyberscryber  
Group Leader

I know, it's frustrating! I'm right there with you. We finally got insurance, but of course it won't pay for any pre-existing conditions for 9 months--about the same time as Obama care kicks in and forces insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions from the start of coverage. It was tempting to just wait till 2014 to get coverage.

Hang in there and keep following your doctor's orders, but keep researching like you are too. The more you know, the better you can help your doctors help you. If you feel like they are missing something or not helping you as much as they should, speak up!

Be well!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved