MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/16/2012 08:43 AM

Who is AKA on here and how do you get around

jmjw090708

Hi everyone I havent been on in awhile and when I joined back in October 2011 my boyfriend had just lost his leg below the knee a month before do to blood clots. Since then he had surgery again in December that now he has a AKA of his right leg. He just got his prosetic Feb 10th and is doing pretty good with it. He is frustrated because its not going to fast for him and we keep telling him it takes time. I was just wondering how many on here are AKA and if any of you use your prosetic all the time? He wants to go back to work as soon as possible but he has to learn to walk, drive, and be able to get out of the trucks plus so much more.

Its been a rocky road for us with learning things together and we are still learning....

I would love to hear from everyone and how they are doing....

Jayne

04/16/2012 12:35 PM
pennypicker

I am close, with a dbk amputation. I chose to stay with a w/c and learned to drive, bring stuff into the house, shower and all the other things necessary pretty much on my own with a lot of help from God and a WHOLE lot of patience and trial and error. I am comfortable in what I can do and he will be too. I learn everyday also but I would say patience is the key. Good to hear from you and best of luck! (Use coathangers, they can be his best freind)

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved