MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/20/2012 04:36 PM

Medical update

vcb59

WAs having alot of swelling while trying to walk. Dr. ordered a CT SCAN and the distal part of the femar opened up. The break is not big but enough to put me back in the chair. I cant walk for now. Not sure what is going to happen. He is speaking with a surgeon but with the osteoporosis he is not sure if surgery will work. Very depressing. I am grounded again.....Not happy. Some times I think I should have let them cut above the knee.....Veronica

02/20/2012 06:31 PM
phire009
phire009  

Oh veronica, am so sorry to hear about your stump, keep your chin up dear, and take this as just another one of those little vacations where you get to ride and relax til know what's gonna happen!!!! But I know you feel like they should of went over the knee but I know a few with over the knee and they have a rough time with the prosthetic as the fit is up around the hip and getting the knee to work is very tricky. I'll be praying that all goes well

Blessings

Debi

02/21/2012 03:20 AM
opsman
opsmanPosts: 475

Veronica,

I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. I know how heartbroken you must be,with just having a small taste of being able to get around on your own again. Hang in there my friend, I know it's hard, I have been having some set backs myself with sore spots that refuse to heal up permanetly. Like Debi says, keep your chin up and bless us with that positive outlook you always have.

Mark.

02/22/2012 02:40 PM
villa1550

I am so sorry this will pass also just have the faith you did it before you will do it again and I know how disappointed you are but God is good he will help and you know we are all here for you.

God Bless

keep in touch

Margaret

02/23/2012 07:05 PM
vcb59

Thanks for the support. I am trying real hard not to be depressed but it sure is hard. I just feel stuck with no end in sight. I know this will pass and I will be up again but inthe mean time I am stuck in a wheelchair when all I want is to be walking around. This will get better just dont know when. Please keep me in your prayers....Veronica

02/25/2012 04:41 PM
villa1550

You know that you are in my prayers you will be fine cause I know what you are feeling but you will just give it time I promise it will be fine.

Hugs and Blessings

Margaret

02/27/2012 08:11 AM
opsman
opsmanPosts: 475

Veronica,

Hang in there my friend, I know what it's like.

Mark

03/04/2012 09:31 PM
phire009
phire009  

Veronica,

It is a true pain in the tushy but if it weren't for trials we'd definitely get bored out of our gourds!! LOL LOL LOL

Before you know it you'll be wondering when the next bout comes!!

Love ya gal,

Know you can do this

Debi

03/07/2012 04:23 AM
vcb59

I went to the dr. to review the ct scan and there is just over an inch of open bone on the femur. Dr. thinks it is done healing and will always be that way. So the new plan is to walk alittle everyday and no stairs. I may always have to use the walker but as he says I will be able to get out. The last month home really got to me. Depression is a strange thing. One minute you are fine and the next crying. Oh well, time to move on. With the weather being so nice I will not be stuck in this house. I need to get out of here and today I am. I am driving my car to the local mall and spending my husband hard earned money. Talk to you later....Veronica

03/07/2012 04:29 AM
Bill04
Bill04  
Group Leader

Veronica, once one a clear message from a doctor and a clear idea of what one will have to deal with,one can finally move on. Hang in there and see the sights. You can move on now my friend.

Bill

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved