MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/10/2009 02:47 PM

Living with mom

Maryjo1
Maryjo1  

Hi...I am brand new to the group and am excited to have others to share with and compare notes...I have moved into my Moms home and am her companion for the duration. I am married but right now my husband and I are living in different homes. It was an agreement he and I chose together and is working out well..He lives on a farm and have horses, chickens, dogs, cats, lamas, ducks, and a pot bellied pig..So I guess that is who I am along with being a mother of 7 children and grandmother of 9 children... Its funny but some times in the process of taking care of mom I sort of for got who I am...Mary Jo

04/10/2009 03:51 PM
lovingyoungwife

Hello, Welcome to the Alzheimer's group. Feel free to join right in.Smile

You sounded like you were introducing me. Tongue My husband and I live on a small farm. We have had cattle, pigs, rabbits, chickens, ducks, guineas, goats, horses, cats, and dogs. We still have one horse, a herd of dairy goats, a few rabbits, chickens, ducks, cats, and dogs. (boarder collies and guardian dogs) My husband loves animals and he will sit for hours and look out the window watching the goats graze and etc.

What stage is your mom in? I think it is great that you have committed to caring for her. Smile

LYW

04/10/2009 04:26 PM
Maryjo1
Maryjo1  

I am real new to this and do not know stages... I have lived with mom for 7 months...24/7...not complaining but you my dear gave me a big smile and out loud laugh...I love goats and the joy they bring...we raised Nubians , Sannens, and LaManchas. I am sure they give your husband joy....

04/10/2009 05:57 PM
lovingyoungwife

Yea, You've hit on one of my favorite subjects, dairy goats. Smile My husband and I used to show goats before the AD got too bad. I don't any more because I'm afraid of loosing him while I'm in the ring. We have a commercial dairy although I'm not milking commercially this year. It's become more than I can handle. Hubby's gotten where he's much like keeping up with a 2 year old. So... now I milk a few and just enjoy watching the rest. Smile

04/10/2009 07:54 PM
Maryjo1
Maryjo1  

We did 4h with our kids and it was a delight.. I loved making cheese and hand milking the closeness of the animal their soft tones of contentment (except the Nubians)Wink ...Mornings full of excitement and babies running and jumping all over the place... thank you for a delightful walk down memory lane...

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved