MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/22/2009 10:46 AM

EOAD support

Sailboat1
Sailboat1Posts: 8

Hi my name is Tom Bumps and my wife has EOAD she was 54 when she loss her job due to the fact that she could not do it anymore.I retired and have been her caregiver for the last 6 years.We were able to travel and we did for three years and now she is in the ending stage of 6 looking to go to 7.I have nothing wrong with talking with anyone but feel that I need to be in the eoad group if there is one.There is just a big difference between someone as a caregiver who has a member over 75. Well that how I feel it may be wrong but thats me.

02/22/2009 10:55 AM
tony36
tony36  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

AD is Ad no matter what age it happens at. Caregiving is difficult at any age also. In this site you will get support and that from people who understand because they have been through it either as a caregiver or as a patient and believe me both can give support and advice. Welcome aboard, we are a friendly group and here to help each other.

Cheers,

Tony

02/22/2009 11:01 AM
Sailboat1
Sailboat1Posts: 8

Thanks Yes AD is AD at any age but its hard for me to feel bad for a 95 yo who comes down with ad at 94 they have had a full life.They got to spoil there grand children and all that.Jan has 2 grand children and has no idea who they are.

02/22/2009 11:33 AM
tony36
tony36  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Tom, We don't get a choice as to when we get any disease, alas. My neighbour is battling with cancer at 65. My wife got AD at about 67. My friend got AD at 46. When the dice is thrown we have to take what comes and deal with it as best we can. It is how we deal with it that matters and that is not easy at any age.

Take care,

Tony

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved