As I await the dawning day,

Every night is just the same,

The dementia demon never wanes'

Daybreak calls and then I pray,

We will have an everlasting day

08/03/2011 06:02 PM
alznotwell
Group Leader

Hi Norrms. Today I got home from a long trip. There came a huge rain in the surrounding mountains and water was flowing across the highway in several areas. I came to an area where a torrent of water was rushing down from the mountain five miles away and boiling across the road at a terrifying rate. There was nothing to do but wait. It could have been wasted time but it wasn't. I could have stayed in the car and fumed because I was tired and wanted to be home, but I didn't. I got out of the car and was enjoying the spectacle and talking to other motorists when an old acquaintance from 30 years ago saw me walking around and came walking down the road calling to me. We had a great reunion. Seize the moment, Norrms. Use your time productively instead of letting it meander drearily by.

I know I have said this before, but I feel compelled to be boring. The time you know you have is exactly the same amount of time the rest of us know we have. That is this moment right now. Yesterdays are gone, tomorrows will never arive, because when they do it is today. You must not view your days as "tiresome". That's depressing and it wastes your life. Live today to the fullest. Try to do something every day that you enjoy, and especially, try to think of something to do for Elaine that will make her day brighter. Force yourself to think about your family and friends instead of spending your time getting through a "tiresome" day. ANW

08/05/2011 12:32 PM
Weezie3318
Weezie3318  

Wow, beautiful poem. If you don't mind I will ad it to my collection. You see my plans are to put together a book of poems to give my husband (after I get bad). Perhaps it will help him to understand better. If that's at ll possible ????

The last one I retrieved was:

Do not ask me to remember.

Don't try to make me understand.

Let me rest and know you're with me.

Kiss my cheek and hold my hand.

I'm confused beyond your concept.

I am sad and sick and lost.

All I know is that I need you

To be with me at all cost.

Do not lose your patience with me.

Do not scold or curse or cry.

I can't help the way I'm acting,

Can't be different though I try.

Just remember that I need you,

That the best of me is gone.

Please don't fail to stand beside me,

Love me till my life is done.

Take Care,

Weezie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved