MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/20/2010 07:11 PM

another milestone

birdlover
birdlover  

Hey everyone.I went to see Albert today.He was sitting in the gerry chair with his eyes barely open.The CNA said he had just gotten him in the chair and Albert had been talkibg.I tried several times to get Albert to react to me,but he just stared at the floor.His face was really pale and his fingernails were turning blue.I grabbed the first nurse I saw and told her to check him.She couldn't get an oxygen reading,so she put him on oxygen.There were three nurses in his room now.One was trying to warm his hands with a hot towel while the others kept talking to him.After a few minutes he started responding slowly.I asked if I needed to call the family,the head nurse said she would call Ricky so I called Mike.Mike took off from work and came over there.Ricky never showed up which means Freda couldn't be there.Of course that's assuming she wanted to be there.

I don't know if this means it's getting near the end or what.I never thought I'd feel this sense of loss for Albert.We didn't get along very well when I first married Mike.I guess Father Time has tought me a lesson or two.Hugs, Gina

10/20/2010 11:14 PM
tony36
tony36  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Gina, sounds more like neglect to me. ???????

Tony

10/21/2010 02:21 PM
birdlover
birdlover  

Neglect on Ricky,yes.But then, I'm not surprised.

I went back to check on Albert today.They have him on a nebuliser now and he was more alert.He tried to talk to me and he made sense.I do feel better about the situation.

Post edited by: birdlover, at: 10/21/2010 02:25 PM

10/21/2010 02:33 PM
tony36
tony36  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

They got a warning and gave him his oxygen. This is why he is improved.

Tony

10/25/2010 08:07 AM
alznotwell
Group Leader

Good thing you went to the nursing home when you did Gina. I bet they don't neglect his oxygen again since they know you will be checking. ANW

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved