MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/29/2012 03:07 PM

My hair is gone!!!!!!!!

rkymtroxie

Hi,

I started losing my hair in "95" but lost all of it just last year. It was gone in 8 weeks. I have Lupus also and just don't know if that is part of it or not. Anyone else out there have the same thing going on?

03/01/2012 07:40 AM
GingerRose

I'm sorry to hear its all gone. I worry mine will be soon too. It's been falling for about 8 weeks now and I'm down to about half a head of hair. Its still steady coming out. What does your doctor tell you? Have you been tested for Celiacs Disease? I have heard going gluten free and help regrowth. I am praying it will help me. Friday will be one week gluten free for me. I am hoping by two weeks the shedding will subside.

03/01/2012 09:29 AM
rkymtroxie

Never heard of Celiacs Disease. I'll look that one up. My hair all over my body is gone, so regrowth is not a possiblity unless God has mercy on me. LOL I really don't miss it though. It's just not that big of a deal for me. Hope yours stops though and hopefully the diet will help. Have a good one.

03/02/2012 02:35 PM
Duck4wave
Duck4wave  

Hi rkymtrtoxie...if you've already got lupus then you might be predisposed to having alopecia since both are

considered to be physical issues of autoimmune origin. Autoimmune diseases can arise in people in more than one condition, and/or

later in life other ai issues 'pop-up'. Sorry you're dealing with the hair-loss...I have it too so hang in there.

Celiac disease is a digestive disease that damages the small intestine and interferes with absorption of nutrients from food. People who have celiac disease cannot tolerate gluten, a protein in wheat, rye, and barley. Gluten is found mainly in foods but may also be found in everyday products such as medicines, vitamins, and lip balms.

People with celiac disease tend to have other diseases in which the immune system attacks the body's healthy cells and tissues.

Hope this helps.

03/02/2012 03:47 PM
rkymtroxie

Thanks for the info. Hang in there and have a good day.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved