MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/22/2012 09:27 PM

Please help me

mrsvp320

I have a problem with binge drinking. I drink to the point I black out and I get angry and violent. I have bipolar disorder to add to the problem. My husband is fed up. He wants me to move out. I have no where to go and he doesn't care where my daughter and I go. He refuses to talk to me about the problem. He just says he is done with the relationship and there is nothing more to say. I feel so anxious and depressed which makes me want to drink more. I have never been to AA because I'm scared. I have no self esteem.

04/23/2012 10:40 AM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
Group Leader

I am sorry to here of your sad situation. May breakups are caused by the problems you are experiencing. I do suggest you go to AA. Your self esteem will improve once you get sober and hopefully follow thw 12 step program. We all had to reach our "bottom" before we got sober. It sounds like you have hit your bottom and recognise that you must change. Your life has become unmangable and it seems you recognise you are powerless over alcohol. That is the first step t getting better. Do you have a car? Do you have a drivers license?

04/23/2012 09:27 PM
mrsvp320

Thanks for the response. Yes I have a car and a driver's license. I just don't have the courage to go to AA. I feel like im not like the other alcoholics. I don't drink often but when I do I over do it.

04/24/2012 09:52 AM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
Group Leader

We all felt uneasy and different than everyone else till we get our feet wet in AA. I enjoy my meetings and we laugh alot. You have already taken the hardest and most important step in AA. "We admitted that we are poerless over alcohol and our lives are unmangeable..I know I repeated myself but I just wanted to drive the point into your head.LOL

04/24/2012 09:29 PM
mrsvp320

Thank you I really appreciate your advise.

04/24/2012 10:41 PM
JulieC
JulieC  

hello mrsvp320.. I also would binge drink, black out,get violent, and get angry. I hurt two ppl that mattered to me that no longer speak to me cause of my drinking. I've recently decided to change my ways as well. I was nervous to go an AA meeting but it being my first. I learned I wasn't alone and that they too had stories to share. So don't feel nervous or uneasy. Give it a try.. you might find it comforting to know your not alone.

04/25/2012 03:02 PM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
Group Leader

I love going to my meetings and go to at least 3 a week. I actually have fun there. There is a group of us that hang out together and we often sit at the same table when at eetings. It is a first step table and I need to sit at those tables to remember that I am an alcoholic and can not have a single drink. I need to here the stories from newcomers. Last night I met a lady that was there for the first time. She was crying and we set her at ease. When the meeting was over she said that she was very happy that she had finally come to an AA meeting. She cried at first but was actually laughing after the meeting. I like those moments with newcomers.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved