MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/17/2012 01:55 PM

Car Accidents...anybody?

Bangbang
Bangbang  
Group Leader

I got run over by a car while drinking and drugging when I was 21 years old.(60 now) I can see it like it happened yesterday and think about it every single day. Especially when walking across the street. I have severe arthritis now in my left ankle and often need a cane....it keeps me from doing the things I used to love...like hunting and spending my time outdoors.. I have to go to a pain clinic now and take opiates for the pain. It really sucks.

03/18/2012 10:36 AM
LunaNoir
LunaNoirPosts: 22

I've been in two accidents. The first when I was 20, I went from 50 to 0 in a split second- I was in the middle lane of a highway and couldn't avoid the sudden pileup in front of me. I was the only person who braked (only car that left skid marks), but I still got charged, grrr. My neck is a bit messed up from it.

When I was 23, I got run over my by own truck. Yup, you read that correctly. I had parked it on an incline- it was a manual transmission- popped it into gear, and set the emergency brake. The incline was too steep, and the truck quickly started rolling backwards as I was halfway out trying to exit. It was either hit the dirt and get run over, or have both legs chopped off when the truck hit a steep embankment a few feet away. It ran me over from my left shoulder all the way down to my right knee.

In the emergency room after both accidents, I was of course asked if I was under the influence of anything. Both times I answered, "No, but I sure wish I were: it would hurt of a heckuva lot less!"

I have arthritis too, and it's sometimes hard to stay away from the booze because of how severe the discomfort can sometimes get. It helps the pain so well, but it also creates a lot of pain too, so I'm now choosing to tough out the moderate pain rather than subject myself to self-inflicted severe pain.

Post edited by: LunaNoir, at: 03/18/2012 10:37 AM

Post edited by: LunaNoir, at: 03/18/2012 01:16 PM

03/18/2012 03:56 PM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
Group Leader

I had a friend whose husband got killed by gettin run over by his own car....he was drunk.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved