MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/25/2012 09:31 AM

Neighbor....

mem6197

I'm venting.....

Last night I had a confrontation with the drug dealer neighbor in our building. Great, I haven't even been here a week and I already have an issue. Lovely.

This neighbor has been doing some work for the landlord - scraping paint off the back side of the building. Well, our bathroom is on that side and there is a window in a it. On this window is only a blanket, no shade/blinds because the landlord nor my husband ever put one up. This blanket has small holes in it, but this is good enough coverage from afar, but not up close. (There will be a shade put up next week).

Any way, while he was up on the ladder by the bathroom, my daughter happened to be using the toilet and then getting to ready to take a shower, so she was undressed of course. She happened to look at the window and there he was just staring at her. Of course, she freaked out - got a towel around her and ran out of the bathroom. I wasn't home at the time, but she told me about it when I got home.

A while later I was sitting outside with the other neighbors chatting with them when this other scumbag neighbor came out of his apartment. I already knew that I was going to confront him at some point because what he did was very inappropriate and wrong. He should have just gone away as soon as he realized someone was in the bathroom.

I expected/planned the confrontation to go smoothly as I was calm when it started. I simply wanted to tell him to stay away from my daughter and from my windows. Well it ended up in a screaming match and with him calling my daughter a whore, a tramp, and a bunch of other nasty things. I got VERY heated and wanted to punch his lights out, but didn't lay a hand on him - although I REALLY wanted to. However, my daughter ended up pushing him because of the things he was saying. Now he is pressing charges against her...ugh. She may end up being arrested for this. We shall see.

He even tried saying that we kicked in his door because there is damaged to the now (that was already there). The police determined (on the spot) that the damage was not caused by anyone kicking in the door. Yes, the police were called. ugh

What a friggin' nightmare.

okay, done with my vent.....

07/25/2012 09:40 AM
zaylia
zaylia  

oh wow Wen! Totally vent worthy! I could have sworn it was illegal for someone to stand at someones window and watch. Well it is here. But geeze! I don't think she will be arrested. Would be so surprised.

07/25/2012 09:49 AM
mem6197

Thanks Zaylia and I thought the same thing too. I'm definitely going to check into it.

07/25/2012 10:33 AM
lovespeonies
lovespeonies  
VIP Member

Well the police know about the altercation. Do they know why it started? He was being a peeping tom and that should be reported to the police. If anything come of your daughter pushing him then make sure something comes of him looking through you bathroom window. What a creep!

07/25/2012 10:44 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

He is a creep and knows how to use the system. If anything like that ever happens again, call the police immediately and don't even give that weirdo the chance to push your buttons

I am really glad that you were able to control you need to beat the living S$%^ out of him,

07/25/2012 05:04 PM
mem6197

Danielle, yes they know what started the altercation - but that didn't seem to bother them any. GRRRRRRRRRR

Cheryl, he most definitely knows how to work the system and I will call the police if ever needed. Hopefully, nothing like this will happen again. I'm also really glad I held it together.

07/26/2012 12:39 PM
mem6197

I called the landlord yesterday afternoon and pretty much got nothing but lip service from him. Which really frustrates me. He told me that this man and his girlfriend really aren't bad people. YEAH RIGHT!!! They are drug dealers, thieves, troublemakers, loud, etc.

He also said it's our responsibility to look out the window to make sure no one is there before using the bathroom. SAY WHAT?!!?! The bathroom is on the second floor - why the hell should we have to do that???? I just don't get it.

I did apologize to the landlord for the altercation with the other tenant and told him that I don't like this kind of stuff. But also told him that I have no intention of apologizing to the tenant because I don't feel that I have to.

Then last night, my husband stopped to see the landlord when he was on his way to work (he had to pay this week's rent any way). He told the landlord that those neighbors go or we go. And we only have to give a week's notice because we only pay a week at a time, not monthly. My husband has had enough of this crap.

Post edited by: justafraid, at: 07/26/2012 12:41 PM

07/27/2012 07:18 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

You have to look out the window first to make sure no one is looking in? Really?! What an idiot.

Since the guy was working for the landlord, in essence, he was an employee. So I suppose you can go to the housing authority.

Post edited by: KittenMittens, at: 07/27/2012 07:19 AM

07/28/2012 10:58 AM
mem6197

That's what I was thinking too Cheryl! I agree that he's an idiot! Nobody should have to look out their window to make sure no one is there.

I hadn't thought about the housing authority...good idea. Thanks.

07/28/2012 11:35 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

Too bad their isn't a law against being an idiot. LOL

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved