MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/20/2012 02:04 PM

The emotions that come along with..........

Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

Agor and PTSD. Sometimes it makes me so upset to not have control over my own mind it seems........but then I feel proud whenever i'm able to push past the anxiety, to do things that I never thought I could do. What are the emotions that come along with your Agor, your PTSD, and especially if you have both........it's so important to stay connected to your emotions, stay connected to the present, because with both conditions, it's so easy to get lost. With Agor you get lost to the panic that you KNOW somewhere deep down inside of you is irrational.......and with PTSD you get lost to the past......it's always somwhere in the back of your mind just waiting to take over. So, along with the Vent box, i'd like to take this topic to discuss the emotions that come along with these conditions.

05/20/2012 05:26 PM
zaylia
zaylia  

Desperation, loneliness, fear, frustration, and confusion. Those are the more prominent ones.

05/20/2012 05:46 PM
Conn65
Conn65  
VIP Member

embarrassment, rejection, disconnected, inability to trust. I think Zaylia hit the top 2 with loneliness and fear !!!

05/20/2012 06:15 PM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

so.......what are some of your outlets to deal with the feelings?

05/20/2012 08:50 PM
Conn65
Conn65  
VIP Member

definitely NOT punching refrigerators lol W00t Laughing Laughing Laughing We at least learned that lesson from you Erin Wink ha ha

For me I have to talk things out when I am dealing with emotions. I have a need to "fix" everything... I can't just let it go.

I also have to take personal "time outs" and just meditate, or light candles and listen to music... anything to relax and find peace.

I also will look at old pics.... just to remind myself of the life I've had, remember all my blessings and happy memories. I've has so many, and sometimes when life gets me down I tend to forget that. Even with all the bad I've deal with in life, I've had so much good... So it's nice to remind myself of that. I think it's good to always look for the positive even in the worst of situations..... I am blessed with great kids, great family, great friends, a beautiful safe home... not necessarily great health Wink but I even beat cancer Smile !!!

So yep.. I think focusing on the positive helps get through the rough times emotionally.

05/23/2012 05:53 PM
lovespeonies
lovespeonies  
VIP Member

I don't understand my place in this world, I feel confused and helpless, lonely and disconnected. I feel like I am losing time by disassociating so often. I have had this for so long I am forgetting whom I am if I really ever knew at all.

05/23/2012 06:29 PM
mem6526

lovespeonies, I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. I hope that in time you will be able to process your feelings and just know that things will get better. Are you seeing a therapist? Maybe that would help to talk to someone? Just a suggestion! Hang in there. Wink

05/24/2012 06:10 AM
lovespeonies
lovespeonies  
VIP Member

Thanks AngelSmile I just think too much sometimes. I love life but sometimes I get stuck wondering why I have been through such horrible things. I guess, atleast I believe it is to make me stronger so I can be a better wife and mother and friend. I know life is difficult for everyone in its own way. I am not depressed I posted that when I was feeling really tired and emotionally overwhelmed. I am doing better so far today.

05/24/2012 07:08 AM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

I think (and this is just my annoyingly optomistic view on things) That some people are born so special, so great that to balance out the order of things, we have to have more challenges than most. If I didn't have the past I had......I think I would have taken over the world by now Tongue

05/24/2012 08:20 AM
zaylia
zaylia  

On one of my favorite shows a character said somthing about how maybe God assigned the world a certain amount of misery, and it is always that one amount on Earth. So, like someone dies, someone is born. Cause when something good happens, something bad has to to even it out. Something along those lines... But I myself believe it is all balanced the amount of good and bad. Just appears differently. I don't belive that 100% of the time, but for the most part.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved