MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/11/2012 02:31 PM

Have you tried acupuncture?

Kayheal
Kayheal  

Acupuncture had been devised to correct the flow of internal energy/meridians in the body.

These meridians are not tangible but are conceptualized, not unlike the chakra centres and etherial bodies that surround us; like the aura.

When I was unable to function, I found an acupuncturist who was able to create a treatment plan to work with PTSD. She stimulated organs that govern emotions, fear, anger, joy, dreams, spiritual connection etc.

The first few times, I was not sure it had an effect. I started to go weekly, then every two weeks...

One day; it hit me! It worked. I walked home without being picked up. I felt confidence, I felt joy.

As time progressed, we worked on other points to balance everything out.

I had experienced a flashback on her table one day. Not pleasant and not one I had been originally aware of.

So, be aware that somethings can surface.

Overall; I think it is an integral part of my recovery plan that I will always commit to. At this point I go monthly. (because of the cost) If I have a hard time, I will quickly book an appointment.

Have any of you tried it?

05/11/2012 07:31 PM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

I dare someone to come that close to me with a bunch of needles. And that is my answer Tongue

05/11/2012 08:02 PM
jstsIm
jstsIm  
VIP Member

Actually I did, and yes it worked! But it is something that you have to keep up with and go on a regular basis. I just couldn't afford it either. If I could it is deffinately something I would do consistantly!

Good luck Hon, I know your path is the right one for you! Not all will recognize the value of your journey,,,or take the time to explore these avenues, but I can see you are diciplined and dedicated to this aproach....Bless you and I will keep you in my prayers!

05/12/2012 07:53 AM
Kayheal
Kayheal  

Here's a little thought on Fear of trying acupuncture; and I most admittedly understand FEAR......

Imagine the pain we have all gone through in our lives......

How bad can a few tiny pricks be when they are administered by a Certified Expert, whose sole goal is to help you heal?

There are several options to chose from; the spa like environment with a Dr of TCM who has interests in many healing arts.

(this is what I chose) You have many needles and you are booked for an hour; which includes observation ~ your heart rate is checked, analysis of your tongue & a chat about your progress and needs.

Your rest time (with inserted needles) is only about 25 min and you enjoy a subdued environment with gentle music.

Or a new trend "community acupuncture" that is a group environment, at a much reduced rate, where only a few needles are inserted and you are free to chat with others. I have not tried this.

05/13/2012 09:09 AM
mem1428

I'd love to try it but it's not something I'll be able to afford.

05/14/2012 09:06 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

My daughter was going to an acupuncturist for her issues and it did help. She hates needles but was able to do this. The atmosphere is calm and serene.

Some insurances will cover acupuncture if it is prescribed by a physician as an alternative to medication.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved