MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/09/2012 07:19 PM

Cheryl Made Me! :)

mem4302

So, Cheryl told me I had to tell some stories, so here they are. Grin Whistling Wink

Last year for Easter, my aunt made a bunch of hard boiled, decorated eggs and hid them along with all of our eggs that we bought, for the kids to find. Well we thought it would be funny to play egg golf with them when we were done with the egg hunt. We put an egg on a tee and would see how far we could hit them. Well we pranked my grandma and put a raw egg on the tee (we decorated it so she'd never know) and when she hit it, the yoke blew all over her because the wind was against her. She was soooooo mad and SOME of us were laughing hysterically. Whistling Whistling W00t

This year we hosted easter for the entire family (33 people) and I got this BRIGHT idea to do an unrealistic easter egg hunt. 322 eggs for 7 kids..... LOL! I had to write each kids name on each egg (they each got to find 40 eggs) and fill every one of them with candy. Then each adult got to find 3 eggs that were filled with lottery tickets and jello shots. lmao! Friday night a friend of mine and I went to go hide the eggs at 11pm. haha! We hid them in trees, under slides, in farm equipment, in the fields (if you couldn't tell from the 2 previous things I mentioned, I live on a farm. lol), in buildings (we have 4 sheds, a barn and 3 garages) and in vehicles. It took us 3 hours to do the entire easter egg hunt, and then we are still missing one egg. haha! Then I also decided that I would put on this treasure hunt for the kids. I bought each one of them a prize and had them split up into teams (boys vs girls) and they had to go read their clues and find their prizes. Oh it was sooooo cute! Everyone got a kick out of it and thought that I had a great idea Smile

Well, here are a couple of my funny stories that I was told I just HAD to share with you all Smile I'm sure Cheryl will tell me I need to share a few more yet as well. haha!

Here's a picture of some of the easter eggs that I had to hide late that night! lol!

523590 197600340355906 100003178249127 326480 1899251926 n

04/09/2012 07:29 PM
Irishangel88
Irishangel88  
VIP Member

Hahahaha, those stories are so cute. Reminds me of the Easter Egg hunts I used to do as a little kid at the Community House, well, until the year we didn't find four eggs and the neighbors started to complain about the smell Tongue

04/09/2012 07:36 PM
mem4302

lmao!

04/10/2012 06:11 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

Kayla, you will forever be known as the egg golf girl! LOL

Now for my story:

When the kids were young and it was raining outside I let them color eggs. When they were done, of course, they wanted to hide them. So each of the 4 kids took turns hiding them...all 16. When it was Katelyn's turn she hid them. She was a tricky trickster and didn't want me to see either. They found only 15! When I asked where the other one was she said that she forgot. We searched everywhere that we could think of. It wasn't until 3 weeks later that we found the egg by following our noses. Ew.

04/10/2012 08:09 AM
mem4302

hahahahaha! Oh my.... that's great! hahaha!

04/10/2012 09:21 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

OH, it is really funny when we found it too! It was stuck in between the cushion of my rocking chair. So, all that time I was sitting on it! When I found it, after having to take the back of the chair off, it was squished.

Katelyn was upset and when I asked her what the problem was she pouted and said, "I thought you could lay golden eggs!"

Uh...this is my child that is going into Pre-med!

x

04/10/2012 09:22 AM
mem4302

lmao!!!!!! Tongue Tongue Laughing: Laughing

05/20/2012 05:34 PM
mem4302

Hey Cheryl, I think you and I need to revisit this thread and add to it. =)

05/21/2012 07:32 AM
mem6197

Kayla, I think you're right!! I want to see some more funny stories from you guys. I will have to see if I can think of any too.

05/21/2012 08:23 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

When I was pregnant with my first child, I had problems with eating food for the first few months. My sense of smell was heightened to the extreme.

We were sitting and watching a movie and my hubby made microwave popcorn, the extra buttery kind. He came over to where I was sitting and, without thinking, he put the bag in front of my face and squeezed it so that my head was engulfed in a cloud of buttery popcorn aroma! OMG! You can imagine what happened.

Here is a funny video with Frank Caliendo as John Madden trying to do a popcorn machine commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbwJrO9dmeM&feature=related

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved