MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/25/2012 11:29 AM

What to expect..? Xanax(page 2)

Conn65
Conn65  
Group Leader

If you want to try the xanax but are afraid then try taking 1/4 or half. I take Ativan which is similar to xanax... when I took the first dose I took 1/4 of it because meds have a strong affect on me. Like you I also have a fear of even simple things like tylenol. I can still take only 1/4 of ativan when panic is mild. But for things like my surgery a few months ago a took a whole one the night before and was able to sleep and get to the hospital with NO panic at all. I was expecting to be dragged out of my house kicking and screaming lol. So the benzo's really can help with the anxiety symptoms.. but should always be used with caution Smile

05/25/2012 04:48 PM
Trapdnfear

I've been so nervous to take it. I've had them for about a month now lol and yet to take my first one. I will be taking it on Monday (after the weekend) I'll let yall know what my experience is. Yall are awesome for being so supportive on here. Thanks!

05/25/2012 05:38 PM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16976
VIP Member

Normal

Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved