MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/29/2012 06:22 AM

What's Up Thursday? 3/29/2012

mimi84
mimi84Posts: 9269
VIP Member

Good morning agors. What's up? What's going on? Nothing much here just trying to take it one day at a time.. that's not working so much so I'm going for a half hour at a time.. got no plans today as usual.. but I am extremely nervous about tomorrow I have to go see the disability psych.. which someone was supposed to help me with but I guess I'm on my own now... I really hope I get it because I need it so badly! Time for breakfast!

03/29/2012 06:24 AM
mimi84
VIP Member

Word of the Day for Thursday, March 29, 2012

eudemonia yoo-di-MOH-nee-uh, noun:

1. Happiness; well-being.

2. Aristotelianism. Happiness as the result of an active life governed by reason.

We all seek eudemonia, but he thinks that it takes a great deal of reflection and education to get a clear enough conception of it really to aim at it in our practice.

-- Robert Campbell Roberts, Intellectual Virtues

They may have believed that we already do value duty, utility, and eudemonia, but it is debatable whether they need to make such descriptive claims.

-- Jesse J. Prinz, The Emotional Construction of Morals

From Aristotle, eudemonia comes from the Greek word eudaĆ­mōn which meant "a good or benevolent spirit."

03/29/2012 06:31 AM
jmick
jmickPosts: 13899
VIP Member

Good morning Mimi! Smile

I'm sure the psych appointment will go fine. Just give them as much info as you can think of that shows why you can't work.

I got up WAY too early today. I have an assignment due and the link to do it is broken. The professor hasn't responded, so I'm getting worried. I have no idea what time zone they're in so it could be a while before they respond.

Other than that, just happy my appointments are OVER. Never again! Three in three days is just too much.

03/29/2012 06:59 AM
mimi84
VIP Member

Scratch the breakfast idea. The thought of food makes me sick. I haven't ate in 2 days.. and I don't even want to. Sad

03/29/2012 07:00 AM
mimi84
VIP Member

Good morning Kevin. I hope you get that link fixed!

03/29/2012 07:01 AM
mimi84
VIP Member

It's 10 am and there's no one around... where is everyone?

03/29/2012 07:08 AM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

I am here!! Well, I am here on my couch anyway... Good morning Mimi and Kevin!

No appetite baby? No energy? Sad Is it at least sunny outside?? Go beat up that punching bag of yours I have heard about! Give it a good beating, maybe even kick it. That should get your blood moving! I think you will be fine tomorrow. There is no need to keep it together for that appointment. Actually you want to appear a bit nuts Wink

Kevin, still obsessing about school?? Forget it! If the link is broken they will give an extension. Do we always need to add to our own anxieties? I know, nature of the beast.

I have no real plans either, so I am making up plans. Very exciting... cleaning, washing floor, groceries, dinner and of course dusting! It was nice outside yesterday so I did yard work, today... cold!

I like the word for the day Baby!

03/29/2012 07:10 AM
jmick
VIP Member

Everyone must be sleeping late today?

03/29/2012 07:11 AM
mimi84
VIP Member

Hi mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kissing So good to see you here! I have missed you terribly. Sad You have just brought a smile to this sad face. Kissing Making up plans huh? I am tired of cleaning to keep busy.. I wish there were something else... not all of us can be content doing the same thing day after day..

03/29/2012 07:11 AM
jmick
VIP Member

Good morning Anna!

I'm not really anxious about the problem, I just want to make sure she knows about it... should have responded by now.

I went grocery shopping last night and just got four netflix, so I think I know what I'll be doing today Tongue

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved