MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/05/2012 08:09 AM

What's up Monday? 03/05/12(page 2)

mem4302

It's ok Silly. We all have our limitations, and at least you said your goodbyes before. Don't beat yourself up over this one thing. He knows you would do it if it were possible. Smile <3

03/05/2012 09:30 AM
areusam
areusam  

Jojo, Sad sorry about the headache. Let's hope it is a fluke! Doing the headache "go away" dance for you. Sorry that I do not have a webcam so you can see it. LOL My daughter had headaches when she was expecting but she ended up with the most perfect baby so maybe that is a sign!

Silly,I would not stress about the funeral. They are just a social event for the living. IMO it matters more how you treat the person when they are alive. Celebrate their life privately.

My bags are packed and I am working on my to do list. Need to clean the stinky stuff out of the fridge. Blink

Back to work. Got to check every so often to make sure you guys are staying out of trouble. You are all such a fun group.

Silly Silly Silly

Post edited by: areusam, at: 03/05/2012 09:31 AM

03/05/2012 09:52 AM
jpooh38

Hello Lu,Kevin,Silly,Areusam,JoJo,Dylan,Kayla and anyone else looking around.

I just finished getting ready. Now the question is what to do what to do! lol

I guess I will continue on my design project and maybe think about another cake to do. Specifically my birthday cake!!! But I am unsure what I want. I have sooooo many ideas. Dizzy

Silly- I understand what you are going through. I didn't make it to one of my bff's funeral. It was HORRIBLE. I felt like such a bad friend but then I wrote him a letter a couple months later saying goodbye. I still have it in my binder. I miss him a lot and alothough he died suddenly (he was 25) I still know that he lived his life to the fullest. It isn't about being there physically to say goodbye it is about remembering the good times you and your friend had and cherishing those moments. <3

03/05/2012 10:57 AM
jmick
jmickPosts: 13899
VIP Member

Well I got my assignment turned in. One load off my back. Now to get myself straight. How bad is it that I'm stressing about a therapy appointment more than 48 hours away. Need to take my own advice and live in the moment. Problem is, the moment kind of sucks right now.

03/05/2012 10:57 AM
lilbit7711
lilbit7711  

Welp...woke up to 5 inches of snow suppose to be back in the 60's tomorrow. lol Went to therapy this morning...was kind of intersting...need some thoughts on the following: there is a program that my therpaist is wanting to to try where i would have to go 3 tmes aweek from 9-2 and do group and interact with others...and try to get me where i can get back to work and also help in finding me a job that will understand. Also to get me to drive there alone. any thoughts on that?

03/05/2012 12:45 PM
jojobear
jojobear  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I did an outpatient therapy group 3 times a week, 9-12 for about 3 months. I found it really helpful.

My head still hurts. I can and have taken some tylenol. Thanks for the dance Areusam. Wish it was helping. I seem to have a bad headache like every other day. Really sucks.

03/05/2012 12:47 PM
lilbit7711
lilbit7711  

I feel your pain on the headaches...I have them just about everyday. It has gotten to the point where i have to sleep with an icepack on my head. I am suppose to have started neurotin for the headaches and help with the anxiety but I have done it yet, I also just got some headache med but havent tried it yet either

03/05/2012 02:25 PM
jmick
jmickPosts: 13899
VIP Member

lilbit,

I did an intensive outpatient program once, way back when I was still under my companies insurance plan. Even though I felt like most of what we talked about was BS, and I was the only agor there, I did find that the human interaction desensitized me a bit. Being forced into "group therapy" made me interact with other people, something I hadn't done in a long time. It could be a help.

03/05/2012 02:48 PM
jojobear
jojobear  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Yeah, I think the human interaction you get in an IOP is really good. Having to go out that often was helpful to me too. Just having to get up, get ready, and be somewhere at a certain time was helpful. I was so very depressed at the time and that really gave me a reason and purpose to my days.

03/05/2012 05:54 PM
SillyOMe
SillyOMePosts: 21588
VIP Member

Hey guys!

Not the greatest day here, but tomorrow is another day.

You CAN take tylenol Jojo? That's great!

Broke Girls is on.. yeah!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved