MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/16/2012 10:49 PM

What's Up Tuesday? 1/17/2012

mimi84
mimi84Posts: 9269
VIP Member

Hellllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo agors!!!!!!!! Monday is over and Tuesday is here! Thank goodness. Smile So tell me, what are your plans for today? Going anywhere? Staying in? How do you feel today?

I am planning on working on my arts and crafts. I have a few things for Valentine's Day that I am working on. Silly I love LOVE!!!!!!!!!

Whatever your plans are for the day... remember... Keep smiling!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

01/16/2012 10:57 PM
Conn65
Conn65  
Group Leader

Mimiiiiiiiiiiii Smile

Happy Tuesday everyone !!!

Plans for today..... NOT TO PANIC Smile my safe person will be gone tomorrow so my friend is taking me to lunch to try to keep me occupied. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it will probably panic me more... so we will see how this goes Smile

enjoy your day Smile

01/16/2012 11:00 PM
Conn65
Conn65  
Group Leader

01/16/2012 11:04 PM
Conn65
Conn65  
Group Leader

01/16/2012 11:07 PM
mimi84
mimi84Posts: 9269
VIP Member

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Connie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure you will do fine when you go out to lunch! You will have lots of fun with your bestie. Smile

01/16/2012 11:08 PM
SillyOMe
SillyOMePosts: 21588
VIP Member

Conn.. you are such a sweet person.

Hi MIMI! You are sweet too!

Why are we up at 2 a.m.? Blink Smile Tongue

I was going to paint, but I think I will get some sleep.

It's raining here! Skylights are leaking like crazy too. Good Lord.. I like that it's warmer, but now I have to put down towels all over. (I know... quit your bitchin!)Whistling Tongue

Plans for today: Oh I don't know... just another day in the hood. Paint my closet.... Linda will go in the closet.. come out of the closet... in the closet... out of the closet... who knows what will happen. LOL They are laying my carpet today. It's getting close to being done.. I need my love room done!

I have questions..........

What do you want out of this group?

Are you getting it?

01/16/2012 11:11 PM
SillyOMe
VIP Member

That bug is cute!!!!!!

01/17/2012 08:01 AM
SillyOMe
VIP Member

Good Morning again!

Where iiiiiiiiisssssssss everyone?

01/17/2012 08:26 AM
KittenMittens
KittenMittens  
VIP Member

What do you want out of this group? To give and receive emotional support. It usually comes from sympathetic and compassionate family and friends but seems to be particularly effective when you can share your fears with others who are experiencing similar problems.

Are you getting it? Yes and no. LOL I find that when I actually open up to someone on MDJ (usually in a PM or email) sometimes they can't handle the issues that I have had in my life so I am more and more guarded as time goes by. Perhaps it's an abandonment issue on my part.

Also, I have made some wonderful friends here but there is also the 'psuedo-friendships' that exist. Those are the ones that have an idea of who 'KittenMittens' is based on the tomfoolery that goes on! Yeah, I'm a funny little thing but there is so much more than meets the eye.

I was just reading this article the other day and it really goes along with these questions

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=imaginary- friends

For decades, psychologists have been interested in understanding how individuals achieve and maintain social relationships in order to ward off social isolation and loneliness. The vast majority of this research has focused on relationships between real individuals interacting face-to-face. Recent research has widened this focus from real relationships to faux, “parasocial” relationships. Parasocial relationships are the kind of one sided pseudo-relationships we develop over time with people or characters we might see on TV or in the movies. So, just as a friendship evolves through spending time together and sharing personal thoughts and opinions, parasocial relationships evolve by watching characters on our favorite TV shows, and becoming involved with their personal lives, idiosyncrasies, and experiences as if they were those of a friend.

01/17/2012 08:27 AM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

Good morning!

I won't even get into how I am feeling today. Getting a handle on that brain sure is hard work! We shall see.. I have to go to the pharmacy to collect the rest of my meds. I will have my boy take me, I am too alarmed to go anywhere by myself, not to mention disoriented. I would be a driving weapon out there!

Hmmm... will Linda end up in that closet or shall she emerge? You must be sick of painting already.

Raining here too! Such a weird winter

What do you want out of this group? I want to have social interaction, I want understanding and support, I want a helping hand sometimes. I also want to give my support and my experience to those who need it.

Are you getting it? Most of the time I do. I worry more about new people. I hope we oldies are not forgetting about them and their needs to feel welcomed.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved