MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/30/2009 03:32 PM

Jobs you do?

barbriellen

Hi All

Please excuse me if this has been previously discussed. I am new here (although NOT new to agoraphobia) and I would like to know what types of jobs if any that my fellow agora's are able to do? I am mainly a homemaker and one day a week I help my sister clean a insurance office. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't be able to do that as I am unable to drive by myself. I would like to do something else and be more productive but I have no idea what that would be. Any ideas?

Thanks.

08/30/2009 05:12 PM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

No job for me my friend. I worked for IBM as a Systems Engineer but since agoraphobia 14 years ago nothing. I miss being productive outside the home too. I do as many home renos as I can but it is not enough. I miss being with people. There are people here who do work though, some from home. Hopefully they will have some advice for you.

Anna

08/30/2009 05:23 PM
maya1
maya1  

I am a part time teacher. I only work three days a week. My students give me the push to get out. I never drove so I must take the bus 4 hours a day and it tires me. I am also writing a book on what else "Agoraphobia to Zen" I think I will reach zen when it is published lol

08/30/2009 07:14 PM
barbriellen

Thanks for the reply Anna. I wish that you and I could both do whatever we wanted to do without the threat of fear keeping us from things.

Someday....

08/30/2009 07:18 PM
barbriellen

Maya

I admire your ability to teach. A four hour bus ride would tire anyone! I am too agoraphobic to do much outside the home but I am working on overcoming some of my fears.

Thank you for sharing with me.

08/31/2009 09:10 AM
AngiePants

Hiya Barbriellen, I work from home....sort of?? LOL I am an AVON Independent Sales Representative. I have an online website that people can shop from, then of course, friends and family, and then I am lucky that I am able to sell here in my complex (345 apartments). Also, my neighbor helps because she is Spanish speaking and that is where half of business in my complex comes from.

If you push your online business, you can make decent money and it gives me something to look forward to.

Toodles,

AngiePants

08/31/2009 09:22 AM
LauraAnne
LauraAnne  

I am creative and make things. lol that is not very clear. I crochet, knit, sketch, spin my own yarn and do somethin called needle felting. If you are creative at all check out Etsy.com. If you are very busy you can make a decent amount. I also feel ok going to my local salvation army (sometimes) When I do I sell things on ebay. I have my own postal scale and print all of my own postage since the post office is on my "No Way In H*LL" list of places to go.

08/31/2009 09:26 AM
ariana1488

Hello, As well as Angiepants I will consider you to get an online job. But you know what I was just like you I wouldn't be able to do anything outside my home, but one day I ask god to please help me and here I am working at a Insurance Comp. and driving and those 2 things I thought that I never in life would do and am doing them. HGAve Faith in God!!! He is Fair..

08/31/2009 10:58 AM
gemlady

this subject has always made me uncomfortable...but as the years go on i have developed a sense of humor about it. i just tell everyone im a desperate housewife! of course the warden ( my husband ) doesnt like that .lol i ve always wish i had some sort of job..im not lazy...just agoraphobic and depressed. Silly i have no encouragement at all from my husband.. if i even wanted to take a walk alone he would follow me. ....or discourage me from doing anything alone.

08/31/2009 12:21 PM
ariana1488

YOU ARE NOT ALONE...THERE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE JUST LIKE US..AND FOR YEARS WE THOUGHT WE WERENT CAPABLE OF DOING STUFF..BUT WE ARE! YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND DONT LET OTHER PEOPLE DISCOURAGE YOU IT DOSENT MATTER IF IS YOUR HUSBAND, FRIEND OR WHOEVER AGAROPHOBIA IS JUST A FEAR IS NOT SOMETHING PHISICALLY WRONG OR ANYTHING IS JUST "FEAR" AND WHAT CAN FEAR MAKES US DO.NOTHING FEAR ONLY GIVES US FEELINGS BUT THOSE FEELINGS ARE NOT HARMFUL..COME ON YOU CAN DO IT! DONT LET YOUR SELF GO DOWN..ENJOY THIS LIFE AND DONT LET FEAR GUIDE YOUR LIFE!!!

CHEERS!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved