MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/28/2009 11:59 AM

Hi New girl on the block

LauraAnne
LauraAnne  

Hi my name is Laura I am 41. I am married and have one son who will be 18 in a couple of weeks.

I have had issues with anxiety for most of my life. I have been very good at hiding it even from myself.

Things have progressed to the point where I am essentially homebound. I do leave with my husband to do some things. Things have gotton so bad my mother flew in from out of state to take me to the doctor. I am happy to find a group where I am not alone. I am excited to start the diary since I always feel silly talking about my fears to people who dont have the same problems I do.

08/28/2009 12:06 PM
dirkyboy
dirkyboy  

Welcome Laura..

You came to a great place here where people are non judgemental about this.. and the great thing is.. WE ARE HAVING FUN in the process..

Just check out the Agoraphobia and sex thread to have a good laugh.

Welcome

08/28/2009 12:24 PM
mem8011

Hey Laura,

I was the newbie in July...I can't tell you how much support and friendship I have found here! I don't know how I ever got along without this group!

08/28/2009 12:40 PM
LauraAnne
LauraAnne  

thanks to both of you for the welcome. It is going to be nice to be able to talk with people who understand. I am getting sick of talking to people who are clueless even if they love me.

08/28/2009 01:06 PM
PinkWarrior007
PinkWarrior007  

Welcome LauraAnne! You are so lucky you found us...lol We are a great group that already loves each other. This makes for an instant connection. We truly understand each other and are non-judmental. I too am sick of trying to explain myself to my loved ones. I have done less of that since I have been in this group. To finally find people who truly understand and care is a gift from God! Please try to come in as often as possible, I think you will find a lot of support and encouragement! We truly care!

08/28/2009 01:18 PM
silverguy
silverguyPosts: 5233
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey L.A. (I just nicknamed you) Welcome to the Homies. That would be our club name as of 2 days ago. We're all pretty much housebound and highly medicated. Well I am! You have just entered the safest place in the world, other than your house. Feel free to say anything anytime, and don't be afraid to sound silly. Everyone here is whacked and we love silly. Well, see ya later. Maybe it's time for a Friday night net party. What do you think? Silver

08/28/2009 01:35 PM
PinkWarrior007
PinkWarrior007  

Silver,

I would go for that party, but I know somebody that wouldn't show up after he had his large size pizza for the night...lol By the way I order pizzas almost every Friday night Smile Love ya!

08/28/2009 01:43 PM
silverguy
silverguyPosts: 5233
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Ok, I deserved that. But I just woke up so I should be good if I don't pig out later. I'm feelin some Scotch in my future. Mix that with my klonopin and woo hoo! Don't woory I won't drink and type!

08/28/2009 01:45 PM
LauraAnne
LauraAnne  

Well I am doing a cyber move in right now. maybe this place will help be break the facebook addiction I have. i am up for any party that keeps me at home without bringing people into my house. i am not highly medicated yet since my anxiety and agoraphobia have remained my little secret for years. i have finally been draged to a doctor and meds have been perscribed, so now I am waiting for someone to go get them. Silverguy thanks for calling everyone whacked I love to joke around I tell my kid that "mom is crazy" all the time but some people don't think it is funny. I have to laugh it is the only way to get threw the day when I wont even answer the door half the time.

Pink, Family is hardest to deal with. Probably because we have such high expectations but I now just tell them straight out. And if they have a problem with it then they have a problem, I don't since I have enough problems of my own to deal with.

Thank you all for the welcom, it is so nice to read about people having the same problems.

08/28/2009 02:22 PM
PinkWarrior007
PinkWarrior007  

Silver,

You are my Klonopin buddy....wooo hooo, good stuff huh? LOL Do you take anything else?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved