MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/30/2009 12:10 PM

Your Worst Nightmare!

silverguy
silverguyPosts: 5233
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hey Homies, I sure don't want to drudge up drama but I'm curious about something. When you log in, today or tonight, take a second and list one or two of your worst panic nightmares. What scares the bejesus out of you. I just want to compare notes. Here's one of mine. I'm driving on the highway and traffic comes to a complete halt. The radio says there's an accident and it could take hours. There's no exit ramp, a million cars in front and in back. I need a bathroom. OMG That's even hard to write down. I would love to hear yours!Shocked Dizzy Blink Ermm

08/30/2009 01:27 PM
PinkWarrior007
PinkWarrior007  

OK Silverguy that is just plain mean...lol I think you have a mean streak Tongue I would think the worst thing would be for me to be in a skyscraper and panic having windows all the way down in an elevator. Yuck, I dont like thinking about that either. On the other hand things that scare the "normal" person, don't scare me. I did go once with a boyfriend to MO, and I had to stay at the bottom of the Big Arch while everyone else went up. Sure was lonely down there.

08/30/2009 01:28 PM
PinkWarrior007
PinkWarrior007  

I forgot to mention, it made me nervous being underneath that big arch too. Never again!

08/30/2009 02:53 PM
barbriellen

One of my worst nightmares is being alone and getting sick and passing out. I am the same as you about being stuck on the freeway too, that would scare me bad.

08/30/2009 03:08 PM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

Driving on a highway. Period.

08/30/2009 03:14 PM
silverguy
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Pink, that's funny that you mention the arch in St. Louis. I live 20 minutes from that thing and have never, and will never, go up in it. First of all it's a little car you ride up in (clostiphobia) and then the thing sways in the wind at the top. No thankyou. I have another weird deal. I can't ride in anyone elses car. I need to have my own for quick getaways. I haven't been in another car in 10 years. Sad but true.

08/30/2009 03:19 PM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

I think I am sensing trust issues silver. I think you might want to ask yourself why you don't trust people to take care of you, because if need be, they would. I think we all deal with huge control issues also.

08/30/2009 03:40 PM
silverguy
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You're probably right Anna. I just know I can always count on myself. I suppose you get that way when you live alone. I will never deny I don't have issues but I'm just so happy I don't have to go anywhere unless I want to. I fought this thing for 20 years and I'm still in the honeymoon phase of not having to work. Your basic screwed up happy guy! Anyone ever go on one of those cave tours? Gulp!

08/30/2009 04:06 PM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

Isn't it funny? I find it is myself I can't trust. Not my mind not my body. Not that I am so trusting of others either. I have had this for 14 years so I know all about the need to just accept this thing. How long can you fight it right? I think it is necessary for our sanity. Humor is great in any situation. Mine has gotten really sarcastic and even though people love it I know it comes from a dark place. Oh well, at least we all get it here right?

Yes, cave tours, did one last week. Next week helicopter ride over Niagara Falls.

08/30/2009 05:08 PM
PinkWarrior007
PinkWarrior007  

The thought of a cave makes me want to hurl!!!!!!!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved