MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/09/2009 01:17 PM

Aug. 9th 2009

PinkWarrior007
PinkWarrior007  

Hi everyone!

I am sorry I have not been on much or corresponding much. I finally got my son's birthday party done, it was yesterday. It took a lot of planning and my husband picking a lot of things up for me etc... But it turned out great. There were so many people here and I have a small house. We were planning on doing most everything outside but with the heat everyone wanted to be inside. So, to say the least we were packed in like sardines and it still felt hot to me. I was worried I would panic with everyone here but I didn't! YAY! A few times I felt a little overwhelmed by the chaos, and I would just retreat to the bathroom for a few minutes and relax. I was so proud of how it turned out and my son was soooo happy. He turned 6 and the theme was Mario Brothers, the video game. I had bought all sorts of decorations and had a lady I know make a Mario cake that was adorable. I have eaten so much junk food in the last two days I feel sick Sad. I want to get back on my diet right away. I notice I feel better emotionally when I eat better and exercise. Well, it's extremely hot here in Georgia and that does not even include the humidity. :O. I hope everyone is doing well, and since my children start back to school tomorrow I will be doing more and more CBT work. I look forward to sharing our stories.

Hugs to everyone,

Destry aka PinkWarrior

08/09/2009 06:37 PM
alone111
alone111  

Great Update Destry !!

I'm glad the party turned out well & in any hot crowded situation - anyone would feel "uncomfortable". Great move to hit the bathroom and take a breather. You Did it !!!Wink

I'm glad for you and your son. I know how stresful that fun stuff can be. And the worry beforehand-

So- you stuffed yourself- it was a partyWink

True enough, setting time aside - maybe 15 minutes a day to start exercising and you will feel better. That's about all the time I give- I know you can & will do it. Keep working the CBT &.. consider yourself hugged- It was a successSmile

Kathy

08/09/2009 06:54 PM
PinkWarrior007
PinkWarrior007  

Thank you so much Kathy, I really do feel like I was succesful. I also made my husband very happy by having all his kids here. That is always a little stressful on me too. But I did it and am very happy. It was also nice just to have a break in routine and have people around, since I am usually in this house all the time with the same people. I look forward to meeting up here more. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved