MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/24/2009 09:30 AM

Challenging Fear

elcresci

Good Morning All,

First off i would like to say Happy Friday!! This week at work was an overall good week. Monday i missed work due to anxiety. I was pretty much having panic attacks throughout the day. The rest of the week was great though. I told my coworkers what was going on with me so they could better understand what i was going through. Doing this made me feel more comfortable here. Yesterday was my best day in a while. Since i do I.T work here i am often required to go to our stores and participate in upgrades of equipment or etc. I have not done this in a long time due to my anxiety. I would almost always have a panic attack. Yesterday i was trying to talk myself out of going but i was inspired to challenge my fear. So i went and i was fine throughout my whole stay there. Even though there were customers all over the place. Another great event for me is i found out we are going to be having a baby boy!!! The first in 2 generations... Yay!!!!

07/24/2009 11:21 AM
foxyladytodd
foxyladytodd  

Congratulations for both challenging your fear and being able to stay outside your comfort zone. Give yourself a special well done, I know how hard it is to be at work fulltime constantly pushing yourself to do things that make us uncomfortable.

And a very special congrtulatios on having baby boy. I can remember finding out I was expecting a boy, then a girl then another girl its such a lovely warm feeling.

Hope your day goes well today. My days finished now i,m just relaxing wih a large glass of red before heading off to bed. Lorraine x

07/24/2009 01:01 PM
mem8011

Congratulations on your new baby and a great week fo you! Hurray!

07/24/2009 01:58 PM
gemlady

Congratulations on your baby boy! What a blessing! Best of luck to you and your family.

07/24/2009 02:53 PM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

Elcresci,

First and foremost HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on your new addition. Soon you will have a little version of wonderful you around the house. How awesome is that!!!

Joyous moments are awaiting you my friend.

Secondly, way to go facing your fear. Isn't it great to realize that we can overcome it? That it is only a feeling? No matter how horrible it is? I am so very proud of you. That is how it must be done, we will not be prisoners forever. Can't be controlled by a sense of danger that does not even exist!

I am also glad that you shared your illness with your co-workers. All people who know me know about it. I have never hidden it, I have never been ashamed of it, I know it does not make me a lesser or less capable person, it is just an illness. As you tell people you do not feel like you have this dark secret you must keep, like you have to hide your panics, that in itself lets you be less stressed. I am so glad.

Overall, I am very happy for you and your family.

Anna

07/24/2009 03:49 PM
elcresci

Thank you all. This week has been one of the best so far.. And you guys have a part in it as well. Your help has given me the strength to confront my fears. On another note you guys can call me Evan if you want. It is easier to type then elcresci. Grin

07/24/2009 04:53 PM
krissy1105
krissy1105  

Evan, WOW what a great week you have had! Congrats on your news of a baby boy! He will bring you such joy! You are doing great work my friend. That is where all the healing will come from. The work sucks at times but when you start realizing you can actually do things you did not think you could there is such a freedom. Go with all the ups and downs and just keep on treking. Congrats on all your hard work!

07/24/2009 05:10 PM
Freeangel
FreeangelPosts: 45

Congratulations, you are courageous to tell your co-workers about your problem. I keep this secret and never told anybody... I feel strange about that... God bless your family... w/a new baby!!! And, Anna, you are a big support for all of us. Thanks!

07/24/2009 05:28 PM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

Thank you Freeangel, you are very kind. I hope you will find the courage to share your story with people around you. It is much harder to live with illness while trying to cover it up. It is not worth it and not necessary. I have never had a negative reaction and frankly, who cares what others think. We are strong, capable people, believe in yourself!

07/24/2009 07:45 PM
PinkWarrior007
PinkWarrior007  

I have gotten to the point I tell everyone that really knows me about my disorder, and it is really amusing to me at times. So many will have read a little about it and say, you should do so and so. I laugh because they have no real clue of what I have and what I do to deal with it. There are always people in the world that think they know it all....lol My mother is one of them. Oh Lordy help me!!! LOL

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved