MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/09/2009 05:12 PM

An odd topic....

MelJo
MelJo  

This is something that will probably seem very strange and I'm somewhat hesitant in sharing, but this group is like a family to me, so here it goes!!Dizzy

I have been having very strange things happening either when I am falling asleep or trying to wake up. First of all, I know I am not dreaming because I can look around the room, hear what is on TV, know what John is doing, etc....my main point is that I am not dreaming. But I am in this "state" and I can not move a muscle in my body, no matter how hard I try to move. I try to yell, scream, talk...nothing. But I am very aware that I can't move and I am aware of my surroundings. It is very frightening and seems like it lasts forever, but it is probably only a couple of minutes in reality and then I "pop" up and can move normally.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything similar to this. Wow, it scares the heck out of meSad Sad I'm sure I don't have anything serious wrong....but my curiousity is surely peaked! I warned you all this was a strange topic....LOLSilly

MelJo

05/09/2009 06:51 PM
JuJuZ
JuJuZ  

Yes, it happens to me all the time. When you dream, your body is parylized. Sometimes, you suddenly become wide awake from your deep dream state, but your body has not unlocked yet. So, you will be totally aware of whats going on around you, but not able to move. When this happens to me, I have to try real hard to focus on moving just my toe, one I am able to do that, I break myself free.

It used to bother me, but not anymore, I know what it is. But, I still would rather it NOT happen.

JuJuZ

05/09/2009 07:01 PM
MelJo
MelJo  

THANK YOU, JuJuZ!

I agree with you...a least if you know what something is...you can deal with it better. It is quite scary, but like you said, once one little part of your body is able to move...it's over.

Thanks so much for your input!

Mel

05/09/2009 08:19 PM
JuJuZ
JuJuZ  

You're welcome! It's feels so good when someone validates what you thought was some crazy experience only you have, and if you tell anyone they will think you've really lost it.

05/18/2009 01:12 PM
RyE
RyE  

Try researching Astral Projecting/OBE.

You may find some interesting stuff!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved