MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/21/2012 11:46 PM

What's Up TaterTot Tuesday! 05/22/2012

Etherealgirl

Wud up peep-hole. HAHA! I am so not thug so I apologize immensely for behaving like one.

My landlord is such a wicked woman. Upon receiving my letter she basically is giving me 30 days to have my stuff moved out. I love how she is kicking me out for addressing concerns with some leakage, a malfunctioning water heater and a moldy a/c. After all of this I don't even want to be there, what an immature woman. I'll be staying with my parents until my bf and me find another place. I've inquired about a few duplexes that are in the area so hopefully I'll have some good news. It's so hard to find a place that allows dogs. I find it ironic that cats are allowed more places than dog, cats can be just a damaging with their scratching and spraying. Also, a lot more people are allergic to cats than dogs. I want to find a place within these 30 days though because I have no idea where I'm going to store all my stuff if we don't.

How's everyone doing?

05/21/2012 11:49 PM
SillyOMe
SillyOMePosts: 21588
VIP Member

She kicked you out because you complained about that mold???????????????????? OMG no way!

05/21/2012 11:49 PM
youdunknowme

hello Whitney. tell that biznitch off before leaving. record it if possible and show it to your agora friends. And make sure you google the apartments and write a long , negative review warning people about the place. Wink

05/21/2012 11:52 PM
SillyOMe
VIP Member

I was always a cat person until I got fed up with the smelly litterbox, the spraying, and the random use of my plants as toilet. Oh.. and the "counter cat" who liked to eat my bread in the middle of the night. I mean I loved and had cats from day one!

So yes.... cats can be just as.. or more so destructive than dogs. More so in our case. I still have places I need to sand down and fix from the cats we had years ago. Now we have dogs... but the reason they don't like them is the noise factor. Dogs bark... and people get really annoyed at that. I know I get annoyed at mine!!!!!! lol

05/21/2012 11:52 PM
mem6526

I will ask this...Do you have a Lease? If you have a Lease then she cannot legally give you 30 days to vacate the Apartment. Wink

05/21/2012 11:55 PM
Etherealgirl

Silly, yes she did. Angry

Tina, My bf told her off in a message (go figure she didn't answer our calls).

05/21/2012 11:56 PM
Etherealgirl

Angel, we were on a lease but it ran out so we were doing a month to month sort of thing. Either way, I do not feel comfortable being there. Clearly, they are not planning to look into or fix anything.

05/21/2012 11:58 PM
Etherealgirl

Silly,

I love cats, they are adorable and I've always wanted one. Growing up we never had them because my sister was allergic and now my bf is highly allergic so we haven't been able to have one. I am a major dog lover. I want to scream, I am with my dog all the time, I'm agoraphobic I promise he won't bark.... too much Wink

Anyway, what about little kids? I hear those can be pretty loud! Silly W00t Laughing

Post edited by: Etherealgirl, at: 05/21/2012 11:59 PM

05/22/2012 12:03 AM
SillyOMe
VIP Member

Hell yeah they're noisy! Don't get a place near them or a breeding couple!!!!!!!! LOL

05/22/2012 12:05 AM
mem6526

The reason that she wants you to leave is because she is in violation of the codes with the condition of the Apartment. I would contact your local Alderman or call the City Dept. of Housing and make them aware of these issues. Even tho you are moving she is being retaliatory because of your complaints. Also 30 days notice means 30 days effective the following first and she has to put it in writing. So for example if she gives you written notice on May 25th then that goes in to effect starting July 1st and that would be the day that you have be moved out. She sounds lovely...lol

Post edited by: angelonearth, at: 05/22/2012 12:07 AM

Post edited by: angelonearth, at: 05/22/2012 12:09 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved