MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/21/2012 04:04 PM

Dig deep and beat the fear(page 2)

mem6526

Neil,

You are so right. Talking about our fears are so important.

It helps us to realize that we are not alone and that so many of us have the same issues. I think that once we realize that we are not alone we feel more comfortable talking about things. So many people feel the same and are afraid to open up and talk about things. I know that I used to hold everything inside but I am learning to talk about things and I realize that it does not make me weak. It makes me human. We all are in this together and it is so important to feel acceptance and not feel judged.

Everyone should support each other and just know that it will get better.

It takes time and having friends and people encouraging us along the way helps tremendously.

We are not alone! Wink

Thanks for starting this wonderful post! Smile

never ever give up c6eb71a29bb500267a80e1d30baa2c34

05/21/2012 05:18 PM
CanadianAngel
CanadianAngel  

funny.....I heard a long time ago that if I was going to be afraid of dying all the time, then I may as well bite the bullet and if I die(which I won't), then I tried. this post is right on!!

05/21/2012 10:19 PM
mem6526

This is such a great post! Thanks Neil! Smile Smile Smile

05/21/2012 10:34 PM
Conn65
Conn65  
Group Leader

Talking about the symptoms is a huge first step. I think we're always afraid of how others will react once we let it out there. How people judge us once it's "out there" is always a worry. But it is also very freeing to open up and share the fear and emotions we hold inside.

One of the great things about the group...... we can share what we feel and know it's understood even if our symptoms aren't all the same Smile

05/21/2012 10:36 PM
devlin
devlin  
VIP Member

SmileSmileSmile your so nice angel Smile, thankyou, and everyone who responded, no short cuts for me, work my but off, and move forward Smile, but just to keep being able to talk, and even beat my fear of talking about agor is something i want to keep doing SmileSmileSmile

05/21/2012 10:40 PM
devlin
devlin  
VIP Member

point in question, today my business meeting in LA was with three atourneys, i was pooping myself, but i gritted my teeth and pulled it off...sure, a couple of times i thought i was gonna break down Sad, but i did it !......lol, i thought about you guys during the meeting SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile thanks everyone Smile

05/21/2012 10:41 PM
devlin
devlin  
VIP Member

Thanks Conn, also Smile, didn't see ya thereSmile where would i be without yous guys SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

05/21/2012 10:43 PM
Conn65
Conn65  
Group Leader

Neil, so glad your meeting went well..... and you should be proud Smile you did it ! I'm sure it wasn't easy, but sounds like it was a successful day Smile

05/21/2012 10:50 PM
mem6526

Thanks Neil! I appreciate your kind words. Smile

Glad that your meeting went well. Just remember that in life nobody is better than anyone else. Whether it is a meeting with an Attorney or a CEO of a Company we are all equals. Everyone has fears and issues.

What matters is how we deal with them and the ability to overcome them.

Bravo! So glad that the day was a success!!

Hope that tomorrow is a good day too!

Smile Smile

Post edited by: angelonearth, at: 05/21/2012 10:50 PM

05/22/2012 02:39 PM
mem6526

Hey Neil! Hope that your day went well today!

Did you recover from yesterday? W00t W00t W00t

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved