MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2012 02:13 PM

Support System.

jpooh38

I know sometimes things can get rough around here. Whistling Whistling Whistling

But I wanted to say that I was asked to rejoin to bring the group closer. That things have "changed". We all don't agree on things but that okay. That is what makes us unique. It is what gives us character! Smile With that being said, I just want to extend my hand for support. I really believe and I have seen this being done by a different group that we need not to accuse and be mean to each other on the public boards. If people are "fighting" let them resolve that through pm with each other. You would be surprised at the outcome if you just handle it with respect to one another. If you notice that you just can't then please involve a GL. Let them handle the situation. GL's I also ask that you put your friendships aside and look at the situation at hand and take into account what both (or more) parties are experiencing.

This needs to be a safe place for us all. We need to be encouraging not knocking each other down. I really don't want to leave again and don't want to see this group ripped apart. It isn't fair to any one of us. It isn't about who is right or who is wrong. This is about SUPPORT!!!

This is just a heart felt suggestion from someone who really wants to see this group and every SINGLE person in this group conquer their fears and grow.

xoxoxo

05/08/2012 02:50 PM
belle3132
belle3132  

I don't read through every discussion on here and didn't realize there was drama going on in the group. One thing to keep in mind is that negativity is so bad for us because we are so sensitive to stress and anxiety. I have read things on the board from members where I wanted to give my two cents and realized that though my intentions were to help, the way I say things sometimes comes across as rude or judgmental though I don't mean to, so I've kept my thoughts to myself. In no way am I harmed by keeping these thoughts to myself and we all need to be able to remember that our opinions don't always need to be shared and we most certainly should not be creating or feeding any drama in a support group, no matter what the support group's focus is. Sometimes we take our stressors out online because no one really knows who we are and we don't feel as inhibited. We aren't worried about people being mad at us online and might lash out at strangers because we're afraid to lash out at those in our every day lives that deserve it because we're afraid they will leave us and we depend on them so much for oftentimes our survival since this disorder can be extremely dibilatating. Drama and fighting have no place in a support group though, so I'm glad I haven't read through those particular posts and I hope I don't come across them because I'd rather not have that negativity entering what I feel is a safe place and should be for all members.

05/08/2012 02:50 PM
mem6526

Thanks Jenn!

I am so glad that you are back and I also hope that people can just agree to disagree and respect each other and move forward.

Smile

05/08/2012 02:58 PM
Anna321
Anna321  
VIP Member

I absolutely agree Jenn! There is no need to get discouraged over some of these incidents that happen. This group has been ever changing and always quite strong. I am proud to be part of it. I am sure things will settle down and that we can feel a sense of unity soon. This place is about sharing and supporting one another. It is about tears and laughter, about relating. That is what we are about, not the occasional drama. I think if we keep trying to see things through the eyes of another we will be OK! You always bring a sense of perspective Jenn. Thank you!

Guys, we WILL move on! Wink

05/08/2012 05:36 PM
mimi84
mimi84Posts: 9269
VIP Member

What a great post thanks Jenn!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

05/08/2012 08:15 PM
mem8445

Thanks Jenn I really needed to read that after (just reading the thread in question)and keeping my two cents to myself.

We all have our own drama going on at home and certainly don't need to see it here when this is the only place I know to come when the drama llamas coming charging into my life.

05/08/2012 09:46 PM
PerryM
PerryM  
VIP Member

You always know the right things to say!!! Smile Smile Smile

05/09/2012 12:06 AM
SillyOMe
SillyOMePosts: 21588
VIP Member

Smile

05/09/2012 07:36 AM
youdunknowme

I agree Jenn!

and to everyone, DIG YOURSELF !!

Smile Smile

Post edited by: youdunknowme, at: 05/09/2012 07:38 AM

05/09/2012 09:11 AM
jpooh38

Kissing Kissing Kissing

YOU ALL ROCK!!! REMEMBER THAT!!! Smile Smile Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved